Mobile Technical Specialist (closed)
The Mobile Technical Specialist specializes in mobile platform application support and competent in one or more area such as iPad, iPhone or Android devices. The individual will Support IT related technologies and projects that are in line with NAM’s business direction and initiatives. Work independently or in teams on IT projects, assignments and company initiatives.
Ideally this person has at least one year of experience and is aggressively looking to broaden that experience in specific technical areas as well as areas of project management and general business skills. This position will almost always work as part of a team and, therefore, the person in the position must exhibit the ability to work effectively as part of a team. Given the nature of technical support, the person in this position must be willing to work evenings and weekends as appropriate.
This position is a hands-on position providing support consumers that have reported problems to our mobile support line. The must have a positive attitude, be consumer friends and show the ability to work effectively both as an individual contributor as well as working in a team environment. He/she mus show a willingness to work extended hours and/or weekends to accommodate meet objectives.
This individual will work on consumer issues, monitor trouble logs, manage/resolve consumer issues amongst other job functions:
- Answer phones/emails and respond to customer requests in a timely manner
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues
- Log and route customer calls to appropriate staff
- Follow-up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved
- Review complaints, determine course of action, obtain approval/process credits for consumers who don’t receive credit
In addition this individual will monitor overall effectiveness and provide reporting on the consumer interaction
- Recognize, document and alert management of trends in customer calls
- Review retailer issues; document/review with app teams
- Recommend process improvements and innovate the customer service role (i.e. support via Twitter)
- Respond to blog entries and review of our app (positive and negative)
- Respond to Apple’s iTunes negative ratings (via Report a Concern) where appropriate
- Provide daily/weekly reports to management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical area or equivalent technical certification
- 1+ years’ experience in hands-on technical positions and/or technical leadership positions
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies, often self-study through the use of manuals
Willingness to work extended hours and/or weekends to accommodate necessary maintenance windows