Oncology Nurse Specialist/Case Manager/Phone Triage (closed)
I have an amazing client in Cary, NC who is seeking an Oncology Nurse Specialist/Case Manager with at least 6 years of current oncology nursing experience, preferably phone triage.
If you are interested and qualified, please email your resume to email@example.com
ONCOLOGY NURSE SPECIALIST
As an Oncology Nurse Specialist on the Oncology Management Services team, you will be accountable for successfully reviewing the plan of treatment, understanding current guidelines, and to insure that each patient gets the very best oncology supportive care possible. With passion and care the ONS will provide patients with educational, emotional and side effect/symptom support as dictated by the plan of treatment. The ideal candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, passionate, and highly organized.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and more than 6 years of experience in nursing, preferably phone triage
- Licensed registered nurse in good standing
- Currently certified in oncology nursing or eligible to be examined preferred
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of oncology and the compendia use
- Demonstrate excellent research skills and knowledge of current peer reviewed literature
- Demonstrate excellent phone communication skills
- Demonstrate compassionate care of the oncology patient
- Maintain excellent documentation and record keeping which will be reflected in plan of treatment review reporting as well as monthly reporting
- Patient Navigator experience is a plus
- Understanding of the reimbursement and insurance in general