PI Systems Administrator (closed)
· Setup of new PI infrastructure for plants.
· Serve as a contributing member of a support team
· Be able to plan, support, and maintain PI servers, including security, archive sizing and tuning
· Be able to plan, support, and maintain other OSISoft components, such as AF and SharePoint web parts considered a plus.
· Tag configuration and setup
· Design and implement data visualization through ProcessBook, DataLink and web parts a plus.
· Ensure operation of regular system and data backups
· Perform routine daily, weekly, and monthly system manager tasks
· Maintain very high systems availability while minimizing repetitive maintenance tasks through secondary automation
· Perform system recoveries, upgrades, and vendor patches as needed
· Ensure proper system administration documentation is up-to-date
· Share 24x7 on-call emergency support for severity one issues and other business critical situations in a fast paced environment.
· Interacts daily with user community, business analysts, infrastructure team, developers, and managers to support the applications, resolve issues, and recommend strategic application growth.
· Follow a strict methodology and process for change control, application support, and escalation.
· Responsible for working with the software development team in implementing, design, supporting, and monitoring custom integrations and applications.
· Monitoring of related integration jobs utilizing Windows Event Log, NetIQ, Windows NT Scheduler and various commercial-off-the-shelf scheduling tools and utilities.
· Administrator for various applications that could receive data from PI and including business data administration, configuration/setup, report writing, and security administration.
· Willing to travel up to 10% total and up to 5% over night to plant locations.
· 2-3 years system administration experience with OSI/PI data.
· Solid oral/written communication skills and be willing and able to work directly with clients
· Quality-oriented self-starter and supportive of team objectives
· Ability to multi-task, will be required to work on various tasks.
· Experience working with Business Analysts and Developers to provide solutions which further enhance the application and provide the business user with an improved product
· Comfortable with Windows operating system a must, install/uninstalling applications and the various components associated with the applications compiled in Visual Basic, C++, .NET, and Java.
· Ability to create and maintain clearly written technical, user, and system documentation.
· Possess strong problem solving skills and customer service attitude and focus. Ability to follow-up with managers, peers, and customers on all projects and efforts.
· Good team player with excellent communications (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Experience with troubleshooting basic operating, security, and networking issues that could impact the application, performance, and or user access.
· Experience with SQL Server and Oracle a plus.
· Familiar with NERC Cyber Security preferred but not required.
· Ability to produce error-free and well tested solutions that meet requirements.
· Experience with Net IQ monitoring tool preferred but not required.
· Experience working with interfaces that connect to plant control systems, Energy industry background preferred.