Senior Network Security Engineer (closed)
TrueBridge Resources, one of the nation’s fastest growing talent acquisition firms, works with clients to fill Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire opportunities within Management Consulting, IT, Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing areas. Bridge your career to the next level and experience what sets TrueBridge apart.
Our Adelphi, MD based customer is seeking a skilled Senior Network Security Engineer for a 6-month, potentially longer, contract opportunity. For this exciting position, the Senior Network Security Engineer will analyze intelligence reporting and technical data, identify exploitation opportunities, and interpret analytical results. Track behavioral analysis and characterization of adversarial decision processes, technological dependencies, and social network connections serving as the subject matter expert in one or more fields associated with intelligence analysis or related network security technologies, as well as provide designs, troubleshooting, and analysis of LAN/WAN and VoIP infrastructures with specific emphasis related to security integration and architectural designs.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Conduct research and technical analysis of emerging security threats and technology trends
- Conduct detailed security analysis using analytical tools, techniques and data sources
- Conduct tactical security monitoring and responses to incidences
- Evaluate, design, test and integrate new security products within the enterprise and global network infrastructures
- Perform other related network LAN or WAN duties as assigned
The successful candidate will minimally possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or information assurance with 4+ years’ experience. A Master’s degree would be preferred but is not necessary.
The candidate must have the ability to address security issues in a holistic manner, addressing both organizational and technical policies and practices; the ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks; The candidate must also have hands-on experience working with Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco PIX &/or ASA firewalls, IPS/IDS systems, along with associated monitoring and management of these systems. Understand advanced routing protocols; perform network capacity planning and performance analysis to properly size network connections.
Experience with Network Access Control (NAC) systems, RSA SecureID authentication systems, Router and Switch Access Control List system programming is strongly desired; also have fundamental knowledge with UNIX or Linux server based systems.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The candidate must have experience conducting security assessments including threat assessments; experience with corporate security teams, incident response teams, security operations centers or the intelligence community investigating, responding to threats along with the ability to explain them to technical and non-technical staff
- The candidate must have a working knowledge of network security and survivability/resiliency issues as well as a working knowledge of cyber security domain, including common classes of threat actors, vectors, targets and the ability to conduct analytical studies and investigations of cyber threats
- The candidate must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision; recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information; participate in conferences and meetings; strong interest in security analysis R&D; ability to create instructional materials and conduct training
- Candidate must demonstrate clear thinking as evidenced by the ability to sift through complex information and focus on the critical priorities and able to translate strategy into business objectives with clear accountability, delivering IT solutions
- Candidate must be adaptable and open to change in response to unexpected circumstances and/or in working in ambiguous situations. Has a proven ability to accept constructive criticism and can calmly and effectively deal with high stress situations
- Ability to develop appropriate, relevant performance metrics to assess effectiveness of current and proposed solutions and the knowledge, ability to make data driven decisions for improved service delivery, and ability to craft and implement continuous improvement initiatives based collected data
- Ability to multi-task and manage several complex, high profile projects at one time; ability to work with minimal direct supervision and ability to work collegially with peer level colleagues within the IT department as well as ability to work and communicate effectively with the end user community at all levels within the University to develop priorities and to define new support solutions
- CCNA (Security), CCSA or CCSE; CISSP is preferred
- Valid state issued driver’s license
TrueBridge Resources looks forward to having you join our team. Submit your resume for consideration today. When responding, be sure to include multiple methods for us to reach you including: home phone, mobile phone, and email. TrueBridge Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.