Software Engineer/ Telematics Systems (closed)
Title: SOFTWARE ENGINEER – TELEMATICS SYSTEMS
Immediate superior: DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Date : July 2012
MaxSys is your gateway to success. We have access to almost all employment opportunities in the public and private sectors and are proud to have over 5000 quality investments every year since 1993.
Our client is the largest designer and marketer in North America of consumer-branded vehicle security and remote start systems (sold under Viper®, Clifford®, Python®, Autostart® and other brand names). Founded in 1982, the company’s primary operations are located in Vista, California and Quebec.
This position is part of a growing dynamic product team that designs, develops and manages end-to-end telematics services, with a focus on the server-side software solutions. The overall systems provide end-user added-value features using two-way paths between cars, computing power, databases and Internet services.
- Map detailed business requirements into sound software solutions;
- Design, implement and test server-side software solutions as part of multi-component end-to-end services. These services may involve wireless links and embedded devices;
- Design and perform value-added third-party services/solutions integration;
- Ensure that feature ease-of-use, ease-of-support, robustness, scalability and security are always key ingredients to designing and implementing software solutions;
- Active participation in end-to-end integration testing and troubleshooting, which may lead to a drill down on any of the solution components;
- 2nd level support to end-users;
- Communication of technical issues and/or project details to peers and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering;
- 5 years of professional experience in developing commercial software products;
- Experience in:
- mapping detailed business/system requirements into a sound software architecture (business logic, applications, data model) for performance, ease of support and future evolution/expansion;
- integrating end-to-end, multi-component solutions that ultimately provide services to end-users on a 24X7 basis (architecture, troubleshooting, testing);
- working with solutions that include wireless links and embedded devices;
- architecting systems using web services (REST, SOAP, XML/JSON);
- using structured source code management tools.
- Know-how in designing the database structure and model, with relevant and practical SQL experience;
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based development technologies (ASP.NET, IIS, C#, Visual Studio 2008/2010, MSSQL, etc.);
- Knowledge of Web client development and tools is a plus.
- Full time permanent position
- Competitive salary
- Social benefits
- In house gymnasium and recreational room
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in employment and the use of the masculine in the text refers only to lighten the text and means both men and women.