Procurement Specialist (closed)
· Purchases materials, equipment, supplies and services within established limits for quality, quantity and price guidelines from manufacturers, distributors and surplus dealers. Obtains quotes and negotiates delivery arrangements.
· Responsible for the maintenance and integrity of related data and systems. Obtains quotations from vendors to ensure favorable quality, price and delivery terms; researches new products and vendors; provides data to technical staff and assists them in purchasing decisions. Expedites orders to ensure timely delivery of purchases by verifying initial demands and analyzing backorder reports.
· Carries out new, used and sub-contract supplier/vendor development for the business unit by sourcing new vendors, negotiating price and delivery terms, administering vendor qualification surveys, and educating suppliers on the material policies and procedures of the business unit.
· Recognizes and understands certification and burn requirements in an aerospace environment.
· Prioritizes and manages multiple requirements and suppliers with a high sense of urgency.
· Manage vendors to meeting delivery and performance goals to schedule to support agreements/purchase orders.
· Manage project requirements and daily reporting/update functions.
· Communicates and work with all shops, engineers, sales, program management, material stockroom, designers, and management teams.
· Facilitate meetings as needed, both via conference call and in person, with vendors and required project team members to support issues and resolve problems as they arise.
· Strives for continuous improvement across all job functions.
· Coordinates and monitors the return of damaged goods, arranging for replacements or credits, and documents all transactions.
· Researches and reconciles discrepancies noted during cycle count process.
· Participates in the recommendation of business unit material policy discussions. Exhibits an understanding of complex material/financial situations.
· Create and input purchase orders as needed.
· Bachelor degree or higher.
· Strong PC skills (including Word, Power Point, and Excel).
· Certification preferred (APICS ? CPIM or CSCP, ISM ? C.P.M. or CPSM) or other applicable certification.
· Experience in an aerospace environment
· Experience with AS400 is a plus.