Senior Accountant/Analyst (closed)
ERM is seeking a motivated, hands-on Senior Accountant / Analyst to join our Finance team in Houston, TX. The successful candidate with work closely with the Controller and Finance Director to provide functional Accounting leadership and support to the Southern Division, encompassing 490+ employees in 14 locations.
This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-career professional looking to join a global environmental leader in an exciting and growing industry!
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule.
- Assist with analyzing financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure and strong ability to prepare efficient accurate journal entries.
- Manage the project control system and its impact on financial reporting.
- Develop and supply management with various reports and tools that provide operational leaders with relevant and timely information to understand and improve the business.
- Assist in the organization’s operational excellence efforts (DSO, clearing budget overruns, utilization, etc).
- Support Finance and Management with special projects; such as, analytical review of information and research to help identify and communicate opportunities and risks to the organization.
- Oversee financial performance of key projects quarterly reporting of percentage of completion revenue and working capital risks.
- Respond to inquiries from the Finance Director, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
- Drive the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Support Finance and Management with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Other tasks as required by a growing organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 to 10 years of accounting experience; experience with a professional services firm preferred, but not required.
- CPA preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word; ability to work within complex database systems.
- Hands-on” professional with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Willingness to interact with and to develop working relationships with technical and administrative staff.