Industrial Application Engineer (closed)
TITLE: Industrial Application Engineer LOCATION: Westlake, OH
SALARY: $75K RELOCATION: Available
US Citizen/Green Card only TRAVEL REQUIRED: 25% US Only
Conducts bearing analysis, failure investigation, statistics and other design related activities using a variety of calculation methods and computer modeling programs to select suitable bearings to meet customer requirements. In addition, this professional will provide technical application proposals which include bearing selections, bearing analysis and test planning and installation recommendations to meet customer requirements.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
• Lead/execute the analysis of complex bearing systems as well as prepare and present comprehensive customer proposals to support the corporate marketing effort and achievement of business plan tactics.
• Determine the feasibility of and provide approval for the use of Company designs/products in customer applications.
• Collect customer requirements and inputs, conduct a thorough application review and communicate results to sales and to customers.
• Application review will include but is not limited to: life analysis, stress analysis, interface checks and guidance on how to properly apply Company products, fitting practices, backing needs, dimensional checks and test recommendations.
• Develop test plans, review/analyze test results and create final test reports to support the validation of product proposals.
• Develop technical expertise in the use of application tools and techniques for analyzing bearing systems.
• Lead/provide failure analysis, root cause analysis and problem solving of internal testing, customer testing or application field issues.
• Lead/provide product improvements and cost reductions.
• Support the development of new products and technologies.
• Share broad knowledge of interdisciplinary aspects of bearing application technology with colleagues, render assistance as necessary to technicians and other engineering staff, update supervision and generally assist in providing answers to inquiries from sources inside and outside the company.
• Adapt emerging technology to enhance application engineering capabilities and services.
• Conduct technical training as needed
• There will be a six-month training period prior to the initial assignment
Requirements- Must have 3+ years of experience
• Familiarity/training in formalized problem solving methodologies (Red X, DOE, etc.)
• Failure analysis
• Product testing
• DFMEA/PFMEA process
• Measurement system analysis and interpretation knowledge
Other Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Effective interpersonal skills with internal and external customers
• Self-starter with willingness to learn new applications and analysis techniques