AGILE Project Management (closed)
WE have this multi openings in following locations
Baltimore, Columbia MD or Northern VA
Position tittle: AGILE Project Management
Job Type : Full time
Job Description: This position will support the Director of Software Innovation by providing project leadership for large, new application development projects as well as various special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Overall responsibility for ensuring on-time, on-budget delivery of software applications in collaboration with project sponsors and stakeholders.
• Provide day-to-day project leadership and decision making on multiple high-visibility project especially pertaining to iteration scope, schedule, budget, and resources.
• Overall accountability for enabling the software development team to deliver each iteration, acting as a buffer between project teams and any distracting influences.
• Communicate iteration status and issues to the Director of Software Innovation, Stakeholders, and Project Teams.
• Ensure project documentation is complete and communicated (e.g. user stories, use cases, test plans, deployment documentation, release schedules, status reports, etc.).
• Influence the prioritization of release requirements, including features, functionality, quality standards, etc., with business stakeholders.
• Drive accountability and cooperation between development teams and business stakeholders.
• Manage the planning and control of project activities and resources.
• Resolve conflicts within and across development initiatives between resources, schedules, budgets, priorities, etc.
• Manage 3rd party vendors (as necessary) as an integral part of the project teams' activities.
• Effectively share knowledge, deliverables, and lessons learned with colleagues across the organization.
Required Skills: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years of Project Management experience in both Waterfall and Agile environments, with at least 2 years focused on application development in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university in a related field.
• Demonstrated understanding of Agile software development methodologies ' especially Scrum
• History with on-time, on-budget delivery of multiple software development projects
• Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Management Information Systems, Computer Sciences or related field
• Scrum Master certification is strongly preferred
• PMI certification a plus
• Business savvy and customer-oriented, with strong relationship management skills.
• Consultative skills such as requirements gathering and documentation.
• Strong change management and negotiation skills with ability to work within a matrix-run organization.
• Proficient in delivering sustained results in a matrix infrastructure.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strategically focused, with an intuitive grasp of business priorities and objectives.
• Broad-based technical and managerial expertise, with the ability to make technology concepts accessible to non-technical colleagues and customers.