Administrative Assistant (closed)
Provide administrative and clerical support for the department. Handle correspondence, telephone inquiries, filing, copying, and appointments. Maintain department records, documents, library research materials, and files. Maintain inventory of employee and department assigned property and equipment. Schedule leadership and department meetings, travel, accommodations, appointments, and meeting facilities. Prepare personnel transaction documents, ensure distribution of employee communications materials, and source to department for company forms, policies, procedures, and records. Handles confidential documents and issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Typically supports Management or Executive.
· Performs word processing and prepares presentations, spreadsheets correspondence, contracts, internal memos, status reports, etc.
· Establishes documentation standards and creates templates and styles to be used in departmental documentation.
· Takes messages for department members, and handles routine inquiries.
· Coordinate activities for organization and works mostly with internal contacts, sometimes customers.
· Updates and/or maintains various tracking spreadsheets, databases, and/or other office software records for the unit (e.g. time sheets, organization charts, schedules, and presentations).
· Performs general office management duties, including purchasing of supplies, mailings, copies, printing, coordination of schedules, office set up, etc.
· Creates, updates, and/or maintains Windows applications (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) for the department.
· Maintains inventory of employee assigned property and equipment.
· Prepares expense reports, makes travel and accommodation arrangements, and schedules and plans meetings and appointments for department personnel. Schedules conference rooms and maintains conference room equipment, materials, and supplies.
· Prepares personnel transaction documents, ensures distribution of employee communications materials, and functions as the department?s source for company forms, policies, procedures, records, and company information.
· Prepares all levels of reports, compiles data into comprehensible format, and provides information for the department?s effective customer, internal, and company communications.
· A high school education plus specialized executive secretarial training or some college courses in business administration or a related field, or equivalent work experience in executive office administration, executive services, and applied secretarial skills and practices.
· Specialized training in administrative, office services, and secretarial skills and practices.
· A minimum of 4-6 years experience in an administrative support position.
· Experience researching information and preparing communications.
· Experience developing engineering presentations using a variety of PC applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and graphic arts software.
· Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company.
· Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects with minimal direction.
· Read, write, and interpret documents, materials, contracts, or related documents.
· Demonstrated competency in both oral and written modes for internal and external personnel at all levels.
· Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
· Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal more than 90% of work time.
· Visual acuity, color distinction, and numeric and character detail distinction for the analysis and preparation of statistical reports and information.
· Lift, move, or adjust general office equipment, boxes, or materials weighing up to 25 pounds using proper materials handling equipment and procedures.
· Occasionally work additional hours beyond normal schedule.