Montreal, QC Canada
$70-85 000 compensation
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller is responsible for all aspects of the accounting and reporting functions. These include:
- Preparing monthly audit binder and related financial reporting.
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and annual public Financial Statements and MD&A in accordance with Canadian GAAP & IFRS.
- Producing meaningful and accurate financial budgets and forecasts.
- Manage interactions with external auditors, tax advisors and consultants.
- Ensuring the Company’s compliance with all public company requirements
- Supervision of A/P, A/R, and Payroll
- Oversee financial controls and systems and recommend improvements.
- Training, mentoring and supervising of 3 accounting staff.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience acquired at an accounting firm preferably followed by industry experience as a Controller or similar in a high-tech or software environment;
- Possess a recognized professional accounting designation (C.A., C.M.A. or C.G.A.);
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills (French and English).
- An entrepreneurial mindset with proven ability to lead, coach and develop staff;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, in depth knowledge of Excel;
- Strong organizational skills and good judgment;