Marketing Director - Arabic / English fluent (closed)
The Head of Marketing is a critical member of the Senior Management team in
the development of strategies that increase sales, gross margins profitability and customer satisfaction.
Specific responsibilities include all activities around development and implementation of
marketing strategies, measurement, customer data, driving traffic and conversion, in-store
merchandising and presentation, training; and maximization of return on advertising and
Reporting to VP your key accountabilities will be to :-
• Transforms policies, strategies and objectives into long, medium and short-term Marketing plans that support current KPI’s, (Improving CSI levels, meeting budgeted store traffic numbers, improving the brand image and enhancing the customer experience through well trained employees
• Partners in the preparation of annual Marketing business plans, including objectives, strategies, action plans and target dates and present the status periodically.
• Maintains and utilizes sales and market information to develop marketing strategy including; price positioning of each product, pricing and discount strategy, review of the product portfolio within each product group, brand and segment to optimize margins and stock levels. Recommends effective strategies to promote products and services.
• Holds leadership position in development and implementation of customer loyalty programs and measurement, inclusive of Loyalty programs, Customer Satisfaction Indexes, Customer Care both from the management of the Call Center as well as the in-store Customer Care departments.
• Develops and implements effective marketing programs including advertising and promotion programs with all - product groups and major supplier support and adjusts strategy (both ATL & BTL) and tactics to increase effectiveness. Utilize Databases to measure the effectiveness of those programs.
• Create and sell out effective POP/Marketing/Retail space programs to suppliers — in line with store traffic, benchmarking with competition, with the aim of generating additional revenue for AE business.
• Develops and implements systems and methodology for collection and analysis of market information regarding competitors' activities and share, competitors' pricing and discount programs, specifications and features of competitive products in comparison with own agencies products, customer preferences, market spend, etc.
• Establishes and maintains proactive relationships with industry influencers, key community strategic partners, and product suppliers in order to utilize these relationships in achieving market and marketing objectives.
• Partners with other departments to develop data and strategies to assist Product Management Teams in maximizing negotiations with suppliers on a dynamic basis.
• Manages the relationship with in-house and external advertising agencies to ensure cost effective and timely implementation of quality advertising campaigns and monthly catalogue.
• Reviews agreed plans for showrooms merchandising, window displays and in-store promotions in coordination with sales & product management to ensure realisation of maximum revenue from retail space.
Develops and implements branding campaigns and in-store POS signage and materials. Assures brand consistency.
• Plans and measures strategies to improve return on ad and promotional spending and efficiency of marketing programs.
• Develops and implement strategies to reach target customers through various media with the aim of increasing customer traffic.
• Develop and implement systems to identify sales opportunities or problems and marketing opportunities that will increase sales / market penetration.
• Partners with Product Management & suppliers on new product launches and transition strategies to effectively maximise sales and minimise margin degradation.
Principal contacts Internal. VP, Functional Heads, Store Management
External. Suppliers, customers, retail associations / networks. Agencies
Education & experience
Skills • 10-12 years regional experience in a similar role
• MBA or Masters in Marketing
• FMCG/Blue Chip/MNC background
• Bilingual (Arabic/English)
• International experience
• Proven ability to deliver
• Ability to communicate and influence persuasively.
• Clear growth potential – to VP level