Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering
The Senior Manager, Systems Engineering is responsible for providing technical group leadership in the design and development of state-of the-art high quality Ophthalmic Diagnostic Instruments.
- Manage a group of Systems Engineers in design, implementation, system integration, verification, and validation of medical devices.
- Plan projects, provides technical direction, work with outside research organizations, and coordinate the efforts of systems engineers and technicians in performance of assigned projects.
- Acts as the technical expert within the function. Contribute directly to applied research and system architecture designs through expertise in optics; signal processing, hardware, software, and system engineering.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of risk assessments. Ensures effective implementation of risk mitigations.
- Ensure that product development processes are being followed by the group members.
- Coordinate with other R&D groups, Marketing, Manufacturing, Sales and Service to ensure that the new and existing systems will meet the customer requirements.
- Set annual and ongoing goals and objectives for the group members.
- Write and conducts annual appraisals for the group members.
- BA in Engineering, Physics with optics concentration, and a minimum of twelve (12) years relevant work experience. Masters or Ph.D. degree in one of the above areas highly desired and may substitute for less years of work experience
- Ten (10) + years experience in Electrical, Optics, and/or System design with 5+ years in systems engineer.
- Five (5) + years experience in a functional manager role
- Experience in ophthalmic systems, image processing, optical systems, and medical device development desired.
- Familiar with modern design methodologies and associated tools.
- Experience with system requirements development and performance verification of complex devices.
- Systematic approach to problem solving and issue resolution combined with good understanding of the relevant technologies and their practical applications.
- Experience with 21CFR 820, ISO 13485, and ISO 14971desired.
Carl Zeiss Meditec, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in our workplace.
To Apply: Please forward resumes to email@example.com and reference #1177JM