IT Operations/Project Manager (closed)
New Braunfels, TX
IT Operations/Project Manager
3 Keys 1. Infrastructure Support /Enterprie Level 2. Waterfall and or PMI (No Agile or Scrum neccessary) 3. Customer/Operation Deployment 4. ITIL
New Braunfels Company looking for an IT Operations/Project manager to support multiple projects and interface between the business (Parts and Service) and the technology group. Position is responsible for projects (Hardware, Software, PC Maintenance, etc.) and the daily management of the various IT functions. Project Management experience helpful, but no certification is necessary.
Description: The IT Project Manager position will perform a full range of team leader roles for assigned information technology projects. They will be managing the communication and coordination of work activities among IT staff/consultants, and vendors from project inception through implementation. The Project Manager will assign, review, and participate in the work of assigned staff and ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Able to manage projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Manages large cross-company project teams throughout the project lifecycle. Drives operations/technology-based programs forward from the development stage, through testing, and on to full implementation. Works with team to define, establish and ensure completion of all program milestones and adherence to timelines and budgets. Works with developers to ensure clear project requirements and responsibilities are defined.
- Responsible for the creation of business requirements, outlines, and project plan documents. Ability to create and edit complex work process flows and illustrate the process clearly to senior members of the firm, team members, and others as necessary.
- Communicates status of the project; delivers messages that are clear and concise, tailored to a variety of audiences from individual team members to senior firm members.
- Thorough ability to promote a team environment. Able to foster working relationships with the team and client departments
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- MCSE, ITIL and/or Project Management Certification (PMI) certified a plus
- Thorough knowledge of project management concepts, practices and techniques (Project Management certification preferred).
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel, and MS Project.
- Three to five years of proven project management experience demonstrating accurate and effective communication skills, accurate and realistic schedules, proactive risk identification and mitigation, appropriate customer expectations setting, and ability to drive and navigate projects to completion.
- Ability to manage several projects of a highly complex nature simultaneously, with team members and external vendors with strict attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service, and project management skills. Ability to design and deliver presentations to diverse audiences, including groups that include senior management and administrative staff members as well as groups that include technical and non-technical personnel.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Full understanding of current Microsoft technologies & products; a great interest in both technology and people; solid management experience with the ability to manage profitability, growth, and a diverse technical staff of Senior Systems Engineers and Consultants.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) Methodology
- Systems Integrator / Value Added Reseller Industry Experience
- Detail oriented, Time Management Skills, Presentation Skills
- Prior successful management of technical staff/Sr. Systems Engineers/Consultants
At least 10 years’ experience, managed others, Data center experience a plus, software & hardware experience required.