Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Purpose of Position:
Under the direction of the Manager of Clinical Services, Behavioral Health Services, and in conjunction with the on-call supervising psychiatrist, this position is responsible for providing immediate, on-site psychiatric assessments, psychopharmacological and level of care recommendations for individuals of all ages (depending on the scope of practice) presenting with behavioral health crises. As an APRN, this Clinician prescribes medication, implements patient teaching and facilitates next-care linkages, referrals and/or admissions, to ensure smooth and timely transitions to appropriate level of care/service.
· Currently licensed in MA as Registered Nurse.
· ANA Certification as a Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist or Nurse Practitioner preferred.
· US Department of Justice and Massachusetts’ Controlled Substance DEA Registrations are required for prescribing practitioners.
· Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 3 months of new position for any practitioner working in the In-Patient Psych Department.
· Master's Degree.
· One to two years experience.
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
· Advanced diagnostic skills.
· Ability to clearly summarize pertinent clinical information.
· Case management skills.
· Crisis intervention skills.
· Thorough knowledge of psychopharmacology.
· Knowledge of addictive disease assessment and treatment.