Security Architect (closed)
Job title: Security Architect
Location: Redwood City, CA 94063
Duration: Perm/FTE or contract to hire
Salary/Rate: market DOE
Remarks: Client can decide over the phone or fly in the candidate for a F2F interview but candidate must be able to relocate to the Bay Area if hired at his/her cost.
Our client, a well-funded, cash-flow-positive and successful start up has hired Vivo to help in its search for a Security Architect for its Tech Ops team.
The successful candidate will be a critical member of the Technical Operations team, responsible for the continuous, successful operation of the company’s core assets – the engine of its business.
In this role, you will be the authority on our security infrastructure and operations, and will be a key member in improving and implementing new security mechanisms and policies to bring the company to a world-class organization in the security world.
He or she will be an experienced security professional with creative thinking, enthusiasm for designing and documenting system architecture, an ability to perform system implementation, and management of existing and/or training of new technical resources to complete project goals.
Responsible for the analysis of existing system and infrastructure, vulnerability assessment, comparative analysis, understanding and documentation of customer security requirements, and internal project requirements and design / implementation for security improvement.
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Engineering or a related technical field from a top university, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- At least 5-8 years experience working security analysis and implementation roles, including complete end-to-end project designs and successful management of multiple projects from start to finish..
- Solid understanding of Unix-related network services advanced TCP/IP networking, PXE booting, Juniper and Cisco network architectures.
- Experience deploying distributed monitoring infrastructure with a large web-based company
- Bonus points for security conference presentations and publications.
- Core contributor to open source security projects
- Experience in Java Web Server (Tomcat) environments
- Experience in LAMP Stack administration, bonus points for FreeBSD.
- Experience in Cloud Computing, corporate IT network / Wi-Fi
- Publications in the field of security operational infrastructure and algorithm / system design