Epic Middleware Administrator (closed)
The HCI Group, a Partner in Your Career
The HCI Group is a strategic partner with many of the nation’s largest healthcare systems. Our organization understands all aspects of medical center operations and related information technology to support large fully integrated implementations.
Our experience runs from executive leadership, to the best in their field consultants. Every member of HCI’s team has been chosen specifically to bring special skills for client healthcare institutions to achieve Meaningful Use quickly, efficiently, and performing to expectations and demands.
Implementing highly complex fully integrated health records is a journey, HCI understands the challenges our clients and staff face and we will work to support your efforts as you work to support our clients.
Position Title: Epic Middleware Administrator - Wisconsin
HCI is currently seeking an experienced Epic Middleware Administrator who is looking to make a career move.
The Middleware Administrator is part of a team supporting and managing middleware server software products to include installations, maintenance and tuning, monitoring and capacity planning. Researches and implements enhancements, monitors system performance and makes changes as needed. Provides system/technical expertise while managing application deployments and troubleshooting application and platform issues.
- Supports (WebSphere, ProLogic, TomCat) Application Servers on zOS, zLinux, AIX and Microsoft platforms. Installs, configures, administers, and troubleshoots web servers, edge servers, application servers and directory (AD,LDAP) servers.
- Executes performance tuning of Middleware Application Servers along with HTTP servers for optimal performance based on the capacity load.
- Performs server clustering for load balancing and failover. Works with the Database Administrators to implement session persistence.
- Monitors performance and provides ongoing configuration and tuning adjustments. Builds scripts for task automation, builds support, scheduling, and file clean up. Configures connections to external data sources, including DB2,SQL and Oracle.
- Investigates, identifies and installs fix packs. Installs product fixes for Middleware Application application servers and HTTP servers identified as vulnerable in security penetration tests. Performs setup and housekeeping jobs and tasks to minimize downtime and system disruptions.
- Troubleshoots problems related to web architecture and applications in conjunction with service desk, development team, networking team, and vendor.
- Identifies and maintains metrics on system and application performance. Analyzes data and resolves any issues indicated by the metrics; pinpoints bottlenecks. Assists with capacity planning.
- Assists with design of logical and physical Application Servers and HTTP architecture, including WebSphere, ProLogic, TomCat, instances, clusters, nodes, load balancing, and plug-ins, URLs, and SSL certificates.
- Assists network team in maintaining availability, performance, and security.
- Documents system landscape and administrative procedures.
- Provides analytical support to development projects and the maintenance of existing applications and interacts with business unit application owners to resolve performance and end-user issues.
- Collaborates with development teams and architects to help design application architectures based on the application platform and to set standards and best practices.
- Collaborates with operating system and database administrators to define platform requirements, measure performance, carry out capacity planning, define and carry out security standards.
- Work with vendors as necessary (IBM, Oracle, contractors, etc.) to troubleshoot problems, upgrade software and to develop solutions to improve application performance.
- Must have experience testing and understanding of testing of Epic applications
- Must have a strong understanding of workflow/process in both the hospital and clinic/ambulatory settings
- Knowledge of computer science, and general business practices equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regionally accredited Bachelor’s degree program
- Prior experience with EPIC, Cerner, or a similar electronic health records system
- Strong leadership background
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Willingness to permanently relocate to Wisconsin
- Independent and self-motivated
- Energetic with strong desire to learn
- Additional requirements:
Knowledge of Java/J2EE programming and SDLC concepts
Knowledge of DB2, Oracle, and SQL concepts
Knowledge of zOS, AIX or Linux
Knowledge of Web security (keys, certificates, trusts, etc.)
Knowledge of MQ, JMS, SOAP
Knowledge of Rational Application Developer
SEND YOUR RESUMES TO email@example.com for immediate consideration!