Intel System Administrator (closed)
Intel System Administration Advisor (1200154O) - Lake Forest, CA
Windows, Active Directory and DNS
Description - External
Systems Administration Advisor - IG
Dell Inc. is a global provider of information technology solutions. We are currently looking for a System Administration
Advisor to join our Apria account team!
Job Description Summary
- Performs installation, customization and maintenance of the operating system and system software products in support of business processing requirements.
- Evaluates and integrates new operating system versions, drivers and hardware.
- Provides technical expertise for system transitions, migrations and consolidations.
• Tests software updates and patches.
• Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels in standalone and multi-tiered environments.
• Conducts system analysis, configuration management and develops improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability.
• Performs incident resolution, problem determination and root cause analysis in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
• Designs, develops, recommends and implements new or revised system software, utilities and automated processes as necessary.
• Provides in-depth diagnosis for operating systems software/hardware failures and develops solutions.
• Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
• Prescribes system backup / disaster recovery procedures and directs recovery operations in the event of destruction of all or part of the operating system or other system components.
• Implements appropriate levels of system security.
Job Duty Differentiators:
• Acts as the key technical resource in the design, architecture and deployment of new systems to keep the system environment • stable and interruptions to a minimum in standalone and multi-tiered environments.
• Participates in the planning phase for system requirements on various projects for deployment of business functions.
• Owns tasks for implementation of new hardware, operating systems and other required software on the systems.
• Conducts system analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies and works with other professional technical staff in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
• Acts as a technical resource / mentor for less experienced team members.
• Performs change management planning.
• Performs server tuning.
• Performs operating system upgrades.
Qualifications – External Required Skills
• Strong knowledge of System Administration and Operating Systems
• Strong knowledge of Systems Hardware
• Strong knowledge of Enterprise Level Systems infrastructure
• Basic knowledge of Datacenter Operations
• Basic knowledge of network technologies
• Basic knowledge of and experience in VMware vCenter and vSphere
• Customer Service
• Report Interpretation
• Team work
• Time Management
• Knowledge Management
• Business writing
• Effective meeting
• Effective presentations
• Problem solving
• ITIL Training and Certification
• VMware Certification
Minimum Educational Requirements
Undergraduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience
8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:<a target="_blank" href="http://
Dell.com/Careers">Life at Dell</a>