Sr. Operations Services Engineer -130k (closed)
The Operations Services Engineer is responsible for providing solutions to solve monitoring and configuration management challenges across the technology stack. This position requires an individual with deep understanding and hands on experience with diverse application and infrastructure technologies. This individual should be able to work with multiple cross-functional global teams and should be able to understand the needs of diverse technology groups and be comfortable recommending and
delivering appropriate IT solutions.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with various customers to understand theirapplication and infrastructure monitoring needs & requirements and developing processes and scripts for effectively monitoring them
- Work with various customers to understand their unique application & infrastructure environments and design solutions
- Guide and work with configuration management support resources to develop auto-discovery & mapping scripts
- Analyze and make recommendations for overall monitoring & configuration management systems design, taking care to address both immediate & longterm goals
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e. Computer Science, Management Information Systems, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years working within a large enterprise infrastructure operations or application development team
- Strong knowledge of application architecture (web, client server, mainframe) and software including Web Servers (Apache, IIS), J2EE Application Servers (Websphere, Weblogic), Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MS SQL) and Operating Systems (UNIX, Windows). While you’re not expected to be a subject matter expert in all of these, high level knowledge of the functionality of each component and how they interrelate and operate is crucial. Having basic administration skills for these technologies is a plus.
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts quickly and apply that knowledge to develop solutions
- Ability to think critically and creatively to overcome technical challenges
- Ability to work with cross-functional resources from all levels of the organization; promote teamwork and inspire collaboration
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS: • Experience with application and infrastructure monitoring technologies (working knowledge of HP Business Service Manager BSM, Business Availability Center BAC, Operations Manager OMW, & SiteScope) • Experience with configuration management technologies (working knowledge of HP Universal Configuration Management Database uCMDB) • Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Jython, VB, Python, Groovy) is preferred • Experience with integrating multiple monitoring solutions