#22014 Sr. Offshore/Subsea Pipeline Engineer (closed)
Senior Offshore/Subsea Pipelines Engineer
- Performing front end studies, estimates.
- Detail design and calculations involving hydraulics and flow assurance, wall thickness, stress analysis, crossing designs, coating selections, HDD.
- Direct offshore pipeline engineering and design experience, directly performing the calculations and analysis: Span Analysis(VIV), Thermal Analysis, Lateral Buckling, installation, and riser design.
- Pipeline route selection, survey, etc. Subsea Tie In’s– piping layouts and pipe sizing.
- Project Quality and Assurance.
- Material procurement: preparation of material specifications.
- Assisting with and / or preparing construction contract bid packages and construction specs. Construction logistics.
- Assisting with and / or preparing commissioning plans.
- Knowledge of applicable gas and liquids – i.e. crude oil, natural gas, NGLs, LPGs, refined products, and chemicals.
- Senior Offshore Pipeline Engineer's responsibilities would also include working with other engineering disciplines and assisting the project management in the execution of projects in accordance with the company's project management processes.
- Positions require familiarity with industry codes and standards pertaining to pipelines (API, ANSI, ASME, NFPA, NACE).
- Requires BS in Engineering and 10+years of related work experience.
- A licensed P.E is essential.
- Efficient use of a personal computer and software typically used in engineering is also required.
- Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements.
- This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
- Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses. Provides support for other engineering activities as required.
- May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
- May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate-size project.
- Provides input and technical guidance to drafters, designers, and lower-level engineers working on the same project.
General attributes required of all WorleyParsons employees include:
Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Business Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Basic Leadership Skills.
WorleyParsons is a leading global provider of technical, project and operational support services to our customers. Our comprehensive network enables us to provide local support to our customers backed by global expertise across the Oil & Gas, Power, Mining, and Infrastructure & Environment industries. WorleyParsons’ global footprint continues to expand with a total workforce of approximately 37,800 people operating from more than 148 offices in 48 countries. We were ranked #1 International Design firm by Engineering News-Record (ENR) in 2011!
WorleyParsons US Operations provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services across our 24 US offices with outstanding health, safety and environmental performance. To deliver these services, WorleyParsons functions as the sole supplier, member of a joint venture, a subcontractor, or a local contractor. We also operate within formalized alliances, partnerships, and consortiums. Our US Operations include global centers of engineering expertise in refining, sulphur technology, arctic developments, topsides, subsea systems, deepwater facilities, nuclear power, and renewable energy. These hubs support domestic customers as well as the execution of mega-projects for international customers in Brazil, China, Russia, West Africa and Saudi Arabia, among others.
OneWay™ is WorleyParsons global initiative to incorporate health, safety and environment in all aspects of our business. We have a vision of zero harm to people, the environment and assets. OneWay™ is our means of achieving this. Apply today to be a part of the WorleyParsons team of unique and impressive professionals!