We are looking for a MECHANICAL DESIGNER in Pittsburgh. The qualified candidate should be well versed in the design and engineering of commercial building HVAC systems and should be familiar with evaluating facilities and possess the ability to identify building operational issues.
- Experience with the design and engineering of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems for the commercial and industrial markets including laboratory spaces, healthcare, educational and general office building markets.
- Proficient with HVAC load calculations and energy modeling.
- Knowledge and experience designing mechanical systems such as central plants, boilers, VAV, VRV, geothermal, data rooms, cleanrooms, kitchen hood systems and DDC control systems.
- Proficient in piping and hydronic design, including pressure drop calculations, process piping layout, pump sizing and selection.
- Proficient in sizing, selection and layout of HVAC equipment such as chillers, air handlers, water source heat pumps, and chilled/heating water distribution.
- Knowledge of HVAC equipment such as chillers, air handlers and chilled/heating water distribution networks.
- Develop design drawings from concept through construction documentation using AutoCAD including coordination drawings and as-builts.
- Experience with HVAC permit review process including permit review drawings Code-Sys application.
- Ability to develop project specifications and assemble HVAC standards, including shop drawings and equipment schedules.
- Experience working with existing building renovations and HVAC system renovations design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable communicating directly with clients.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-leader and work independently without constant direction.
- 2-year Associates degree.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office software products, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), AutoCAD, HVAC load software, e.g., Carrier HAP, Trane Trace, etc.
- Knowledgeable in HVAC, steam, boiler, and fluid mechanics.
- Knowledge and proficiency of mechanical codes, building codes, energy codes., NFPA, PA Labor & Industries, OSHA, SMACNA & ASHRAE standards.