Project Management Analyst (closed)
Position: Project Management Analyst
Duration: 6 months
Location: E. Peoria, IL
Pay Rate: $28.37 – 38.37/ hour
General Job Description:
- § Leads cross-functional project teams on small-to-medium sized projects through the development of the following:
- Project charters that concisely define the scope and objectives of the project;
- Work breakdown structures that include project deliverables, work phases and activities;
- Network diagrams that identify the precedence relationships, durations, responsibilities and resources for all activities;
- Validation and compression of project schedules that ensure the quality of the project plan and compliance with project deadlines.
- § Is able to implement and utilizes all popular project management software tools (MS Project, Primavera, etc.).
- § Mentors clients in the use of project management tools and methods.
- § Ensures that project teams are following the established project management process.
- § Promotes project management within the client organization.
- § Generates project report packages to inform stakeholders of schedule status and any project issues.
Typical reports would include the following:
- Gantt charts (critical path, responsibility, early start, phase, etc.) displaying the project schedule graphically;
- Tabular reports (update, look ahead, etc.) providing project schedule information in text format;
- Network diagrams showing project precedence relationships.
- § Provides general analysis of assigned projects to identify problem areas that need attention by the project manager.
- § Enters project data into project management software during project planning and re-planning sessions.
- § Assists the project manager during control meetings by displaying pertinent project views and running the project management software.
- § Updates project files during the normal schedule update cycle.
- § Updates project web-sites, shared drives, and databases with required reports.
Work Experience Requirements:
- § Five or more years of progressive work experience in such fields as product development, systems integration, project management, etc.
- § Project Management experience in a project planning role using Critical Path Methodology (CPM) with a Project Scheduling Software Tool (e.g., Primavera, MS Project)
- § Project Meeting Facilitation in corporate environment
- § Professional Communication skills, both verbal and written
- § Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
Highly Desired Skills / Experience
- § Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technical Field (IT, Engineering)
- § Caterpillar Process/Work Experience (Product Development, Operations, 6-Sigma, etc.)
- § Project Cost Management Experience
- § Resource Loading/Portfolio Resource Management Experience
- § Project Management Professional (PMP® or CAPM®)
- § Strong leadership traits and the ability perform in an environment without on-site supervision or assistance
- § Good listener with strong analytical and organizational skills
- § Strong oral and written communication abilities
- § Highly motivated, self-starter requiring little supervision
- § Team player with excellent people skills
- § Ability to multitask effectively
If an offer is made, Standard background check, Drug screening, and Medical Exam will be conducted. Candidate must be able to pass all screenings to be hired.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply. Neither client nor APR Consulting will pay to fly candidates in for an interview. **Please note: Relocation, Living and/or Personal Expenses are not reimbursed.
Must be able to work on our W2 without sponsorship to qualify - NO CORP TO CORP CANDIDATES
If this is of interest to you or someone you know, please contact me at the number below and attach a resume to a returned email and we can discuss it further.
Cherry Anne Bacani
Staffing Specialist Assistant
APR Consulting, Inc.
22632 Golden Springs Dr.
Suite 380 Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Phone: (909) 7406096 loc 301