Cost Analyst - REF# 8983 (closed)
Swift Worldwide Resources is an international recruitment firm specializing in talent acquisition within the oil and gas industry. Swift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey recruitment solution to capture top technical and management talent by designing bespoke packages that align with the unique needs of our clients. With approximately 3,000 employees in over 30 countries, Swift has an expansive global footprint in the oil and gas recruitment industry.
Our client, a major specialty chemical company, is seeking a Cost Analyst to join their team in Victoria, Texas. This individual will assist in creating long-term company value by analyzing costs to keep spending down.
- Our client is a global company creating value for their customers and shareholders across a portfolio of advantaged intermediate chemical technologies, high performance polymers, and differentiated fiber and other downstream products. They value their employees and abide by their guiding principles to ensure a happy, healthy and respectful work environment.
The role you will play:
- Implement, administer and maintain cost control processes to track and report project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts
- Assign job-specific code of accounts, in accordance with the approved WBS (Work Break Down System) working closely with the Project Scheduler, Estimator and other functions
Provide guidance and leadership on the maintenance of the change control system to keep track of any cost or schedule impact
- Provide a full Cost Engineering, Analysis and Cost Control guidance to the Project Manager using various tools such as “earned value” for engineering and design, construction and owner's cost
- Develop weekly and monthly cost reports in tabular and graphical formats for each project, including but not limited to ‘Earned Value Report’, 'Productivity Report',‘Plan Spent versus Actual Spent’ etc. and recording and extracting committed/actual cost to-date for direct & indirect costs
- Produce expenditure phasing, cash flow reports, as required
- Ensure that all accounting transactions are recorded and in compliance with all company, audit and accounting procedures and support project audits, as required
- Work with the other project teams in separate geographical locations, as required, to ensure that procedures and other business information is consistent with minimum internal control standards
- Provide support on the implementation of SAP, assistance and coaching of personnel to use the system and all its process related issues.
- Establish a rapport and build a network with internal customers
- Responsible for ensuring that the project reports are timely compiled and workload is managed effectively within agreed time frames and deadlines
- 2-5 years of experience in Project Controls within a petrochemical or chemical industry
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite with proficient skills in Excel (creating charts, formatting cells, working with macros & pivot tables etc.), Access (ability to work with & manipulate large sets of data), PowerPoint (change slide layout, applying new presentation design and inserting images etc.)
- Experience with providing cost control leadership on capital projects of $5MM or greater.
- Expertise in using SAP system
- Experience working with schedules for EVMS and productivity
- Working knowledge of benchmarking metrics
- BS Degree in Engineering, Business Management or Accounting