Product Manager - WiFi Services & Products (closed)
WiFi Product Services – Product Manager
We are currently searching for Product Manager, WiFi Products and Services for our Mobile Services Product Management Department. The candidate will be capable of defining WiFi products and services for customers, Mobile Service Operator (MSO) customers and paid customer user experience. The candidate must be able to develop Product Use Cases and Requirements Documents, work with internal and external partners to generate other required requirements documents in preparation for development, integration and launch. The candidate must be able to manage external vendors to ensure requirements are understood and vendor deliverables are delivered on time and within budget. He/She will have deep understanding of WiFi and wireless technologies, methods & procedures and operational and billing (OSS/BSS) aspects of broadband internet sevice products and service. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop product and technical Use Cases and Requirements for WiFi products and services to include portal and user experience
- Convert Product Requirements into Functional specifications and operational requirements including Marketing and Sales requirements
- Work with various teams and organizations in Technology, Operations, Billing, Customer Care, Sales and Marketing to create additional documents and requirements
- Develop detailed use-cases to ensure features and functions accomplish core objectives and standards for quality and usability
- Facilitate and conduct review meetings and work closely with internal organizations and external vendors to clarify and update the Use Cases and Requirements Documents
- Support Product Organization with development and launch of WiFi Products and Services
- Requires at least 5 - 7 years of product and technical experience in WiFi and Wireless product/service development with MSO’s, WiFi Operators and/or Wireless Carriers.
- 4-6 years of experience in Project Management or strong interaction with such teams.
- Strong understanding of Wireless technologies and architectures with a focus on WiFi technologies.
- Must be familiar with WiFi key network elements and broadband data speeds.
- Understanding of MSO networks, elements, and OSS/BSS systems and platforms
- Experience in product development/management and requirements in wireless platforms, wireless security and wireless portals
- Good understanding of Internet Protocol (IP) and mobile device protocols.
- Good understanding of mobile devices, Operating Systems and Mobile Applications; application end-user interface
- Experience writing and managing business and technical requirements, developing technical roadmaps for new products.
- Experience in wireless device products and services development and certification
- Must have excellent documentation and communications skills.
- Intense focus on details and execution excellence, with outstanding organization, project management, and process engineering skills.
- Undergraduate degree in technical field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering, Communications technologies) or, equivalent technical experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a Wireless product development; 8-10 years relevant experience overall in wireless technologies with focus on WiFi
Very good written skills in product specification, functional and operational requirements
- Excellent communicator with different personality types from wireless engineers/architects to operations to marketing teams.
- Fast learner with the passion to work in relatively new areas of technology and an analytical thinking.
- Experience working with MSO, wireless carrier or Mobile Device Vendor
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
To submit your resume, please email email@example.com.