Network Security Engineer (closed)
We're recruiting! Manpower, Inc. of SE Michigan is currently seeking an experienced Network Security Engineer to work for our client in Ann Arbor, MI.
Network Security Engineer
Summary: Security Engineer provides technical assistance with the design, installation, operation, service and maintenance of a variety of multi-user information security systems. This role will also be responsible for initiating action in response to attempted intrusions, conduct vulnerability scans, and ensure that responsible areas respond appropriately to findings. Assist in the preparation of system security alerts that warn systems administrators of potential viruses, intrusions, or other systems security threats.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Review Security technologies that are used to protect DPL data and systems. These systems include firewalls, virus protection, intrusion detection, password management, directory services and other technologies.
·Provide hands-on technical consulting services to help enhance the level of security within networked systems (examples include eCommerce, Active Directory, Data warehouse, LDAP).
·Provide technical assistance to Network Engineers, Network Administrators, Database Administrators, and Web Administrators, in their efforts to monitor systems and networks under their control so that unauthorized use will be detected and acted upon.
· Works with others or conducts selected penetration tests of information security measures.
· Works with others or run vulnerability identification software packages or related tools to highlight errors in system configuration or the need for system patches.
· Help to remediate and follow up with the errors found during penetration and vulnerability tests.
· Provide routine reports on systems as it relates to system and network security.
· Studies the proliferation of viruses; prevent hacker intrusion.
· Provides fault resolution and escalation
Maintains and enforces DPL Data Security Policy and Standards
·Interprets information security policies, standards and other requirements as they relate to a specific system and assist with the implementation of these and other information security requirements.
·Documents internal security procedures.
· Help to refine and implement data security plan according to established timeline
Maintains contact with Director, Internal Audit and outside Auditors
· Prepares responses to audit reports
· Provides support for security reviews for new and existing systems
· Remains current on regulatory requirements on IT Security
-Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
-3 to 5 years security experience
-Strong knowledge of network security practices
-Strong knowledge of firewall technologies
-Strong knowledge of networking technologies, routing, and switching
-Strong knowledge of secure development practices including OWASP
-Strong knowledge of management systems, LDAP, and authentication systems
-Strong knowledge of PCI-DSS and PA-DSS compliance requirements
-Strong *NIX background
-Strong Microsoft Windows background
-Programming and/or scripting experience preferred