Sr. Java Developer (closed)
Seeking a senior level Software Engineer. The candidate will work on enhancements to technology applications. This developer will work across dev teams to design performance tests for multiple applications. The candidate will execute performance tests, while making recommendations and providing enhancements based on their analysis. The candidate will also be responsible for developing tools to capture metrics for application analysis and capacity planning. Must be able to work within project timelines and possess strong communication skills.
The candidate must have solid experience in advanced object-oriented concepts, threads and concurrency, middleware, and relational database skills. The developer will be expected to assist in performance tuning of SQL and stored procedures. Must know relevant commercial and open-source libraries. Experience with performance tuning and profiling tools is preferred.
- 8-10 years Java and other object oriented programming language
- Familiar with multi-threading application design
- J2EE application experience including Hibernate and Spring class frameworks
- Experience with application profiling, performance, and memory/object allocation tuning
- Relational Database/SQL knowledge (Oracle highly preferred)
- Experience with optimizing/reworking/hinting SQL statements for maximum performance
- Practical knowledge of table structures (sub/partitions, indexes, schema styles, data modeling, etc)
- Oracle PL/SQL experience a plus
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux environments including scripting background a plus
- Proficiency in working with messaging middleware software
- Strong ability to learn existing applications quickly and to be able to make modifications to them
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or relevant experience
- Ability to work independently
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
Financial industry experience
Experience with performance analysis tools
Experience with NoSQL Systems (Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB)
A developer, in this role, will focus on performance enhancements and tuning. They will need to develop tools to improve testing capabilities. This developer will work across development teams to design performance tests for multiple applications. This position will work directly on improving individual applications and end to end system performance. The candidate will also be able to suggest and develop architecture enhancements to improve performance and capacity.