Senior Java Server Side Developer / Architect - Post Trade
We are looking for Senior Java Server Side Developer / Architect - Post Trade. This is for our direct client which is a large investment bank in NYC.
Location: New York City, NY
Duration: 12 months extendable
Rate: $650 - $720 per professional day.
Type: 1099 / W2
Duties and Responsibilities:
The desirable candidate will play key role in application development/support. The position is to provide subject matter expertise for critical securities development projects in the areas of Post Trade processing like calculating variable transactional costs like brokerage, clearance and exchange fee, stock position aggregation etc,. The candidate will play a key role in product design and implementation of several processes. The candidate with be involved with building and improving the existing processing workflows and framework and will be required to make architectural evaluation.
- The individual will be responsible for developing new business functionality
- Provide subject matter expertise in End-to-End Trade flows, Trade matching, Exchange, Positions Aggregation and Transactional Expense Calculations related functional areas
- Expertise in the financial services industry, well-versed in systems development methodologies. Good exposure to transaction cost measurement (TCM) and transaction cost analysis (TCA) of securities for calculating variable transaction costs including broker, clearance and exchange fees and other components throughout the trade lifecycle.
- Interact closely with the users during Unit Testing, Integration, UAT and PROD rollout
- Ability to communicate and work within global team structure
- 12+ years of hands on work experience in large scale projects in the Financial Industry working on the following technology stack
- Primary: Strong J2EE/Java skills, Hibernate, Multi Threading, Transaction Management, Strong SQL/Data base
- Application Servers: Weblogic 9.x, 10.x
- Application Development: Caching Technologies (Tangosol Coherence), Unix Shell Scripting, PL/SQL and Store Procedures with various data sources like Oracle, Sybase/Db2
- Web Technologies: Ajax, SmartClient, extJS, GWT, JSP, Servlets, Struts (exposure to Tag Libraries), Java Script
- Experience with high performance & high volume distributed enterprise systems in multi threading and data base performance tuning (workflow managers, hibernate)
- Display sound analytical, problem solving, presentation and inter-personal skills to handle various critical situations
- Ability to carry out adaptive changes necessitated by changes in Business Requirements and Technology
- Post Trade Processing Experience; Familiarity with Transactional costs of various securities, Trade Capture and Exception Handling
- Hands-on with the design and implementation of Graphical User Interfaces
- Hands On knowledge of RIA systems with frameworks such as SmartClient, GWT, etxJS, etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering