COVANCE - LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER (closed)
COVANCE – LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER needed in Princeton, NJ or Indianapolis, IN. To see full job description and apply online:http://jobsearch.covance.com/34154-jobs.aspx
The LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER:
- Stays informed of current and emerging technologies and storage trends, in order to advice and counsel on their potential strategic value.
- Partners with Solutions Architecture in the creation and on-going maturity of the technology roadmap and solutions catalog for the Storage Infrastructure environment
- Leads the engineering efforts required to evaluate, pilot and determine operational feasibility of new technology solutions
- Implements storage designs that leverage industry best practices to achieve optimal performance, reliability, and scale.
- Helps create and manage the storage operating budget, including the tracking of all spend and its impact of the yearly budget forecast.
- Provides technical leadership to peers and less senior members within the organization
- Provides On-Call Support for Business Critical escalations
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or related discipline
- Working knowledge of database management systems and optimal storage configurations
- Good communication and presentation skills, including the ability to articulate technically complex concepts various audiences
- Creative, well organized individual with a history of consistent follow-through
- Proven ability to influence and interact effectively with peers and IT leaders
- Innovative team player with strong analytical problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Strong crisis and vendor management
- Working knowledge of Cisco UCS Compute technology
- Hands-on experience administering and supporting an enterprise class NetBackup solution of at least 500 clients, leveraging Deduplication and both tapeless and encrypted tape media
- Background in the Pharmaceutical development services or related industry
- Six-sigma Green Belt Certification
Experience - 7-10 years of strong hands on experience and exhibited proficiency in:
- Administering a 500+TB enterprise class storage environment, based on EMC, IBM or similar technology
- Supporting a 150+TB NetApp NAS environment supporting CIFS and NFS workloads that includes: Operations Manager, OnCommand, Virtual filers, SnapShots, SnapVault and SnapMirror.
- Designing, provisioning and troubleshooting optimally performing storage subsystems for Unix and Windows based operating environments.
- Managing and monitoring the storage environment leveraging an enterprise class performance management tool such as EMC SMC, ProSphere or IBM Tivoli TPC
- Planning and leading projects at least 4 months in duration.
- Developing and strengthening partnerships with other teams to support and collaboration of ideas and delivery of goals.
- Proven experience and depth of expertise with:
- Enterprise Class Storage Infrastructure such as ; EMC Symmetrix, EMC VMAX, IBM DS8xxx and NetApp 6xxx
- Cisco SAN switch technology
- Fibre Channel and iSCSI Block Storage Protocols as well as CIFS and NFS File Storage Protocols
- Server and Storage Virtualization
- Local and Remote Replication technologies
To see full job description and apply online: http://jobsearch.covance.com/34154-jobs.aspx
If the link does not work – go to: www.covancecareers.com and search 34154