IT Operations Lead-McLean, VA (closed)
Job Location: McLean, VA (JO#1693)
This is an immediate full-time permanent position that requires US citizenship or a Green Card .
PeopleCom’s client is a management consulting firm integrating world leading expertise in the areas of environment and energy with cutting edge IT and global management. Their customers include top government and Fortune 500 decision makers.
The IT Operations Lead will share responsibility in a team environment to supply operational support and actively participate in the hands-on maintenance, implementation and configuration of servers, routers, hubs, switches and cabling in a large, global LAN/WAN environment on a day-to-day basis. He/she will work in-house at our Corporate Headquarters with high performing service teams, delivery partners and clients to configure, deploy and operate world class data-center environments that support technical and professional services. Therefore, the successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to work in a collaborative – team oriented environment, interface with all levels of management, customers and staff to provide innovative solutions and make sound decisions during high-pressure situations.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience 5 years experience with systems administration and network hardware in Linux and Windows Systems
- Hands on experience with Cisco switches, Cisco IOS operating systems and Juniper technology
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing virtualization technologies with specific emphasis on VMWare
- Experience with deployment, configuration, customization and maintenance of Windows Server 2005 and 2008 VM’s in a medium to large scale environment
- Experience in maintaining problem tracking and resolution at a detailed level for service requests
- Demonstrated knowledge of network technologies such as DNS, DHCP or SNMP
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
- Experience in VMWare/Equallogic/IBM XIV environment
- Experience with Windows Server 2003, 2008 and Windows Server application
- Experience in virtualization technologies (VMware ESX/ Vsphere 4, XEN, KVM, etc.)
- Experience in data center infrastructure (rack/stack/cabling)
- Experience with Cisco wireless network technologies
- Formal training on the configuration and management of Cisco and/or Juniper switches
- Demonstrated experience in support of NAC
- Experience implementing disaster recovery processes and procedures