Sr. Database Engineer, Oracle (closed)
Job Location: Dublin OH, Norcross GA, Irving TX & Hillsboro OR (JO#1699)
PeopleCom’s client is a leading global provider of information management and electronic commerce systems for the financial services industry. They successfully drive innovations that transform experiences for more than 16,000 clients worldwide. Our client is committed to providing integrated technology and services solutions that enable best-in-class results for their clients.
The Senior Database Engineer (Oracle) is accountable for delivering standard/custom, supportable infrastructure technology solutions based on architectural standards, new technology roadmaps and business requirements. In addition, this role encompasses and is accountable for the operational aspects of infrastructure management in accordance with solution requirements and defined Service Level Agreements. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong knowledge and experience in logical and physical data modeling. Daily responsibilities range from developing product ideas into standard products to researching the latest industry technologies. This position will work on leading database technologies around Oracle to develop standard products and services for the company.
- Demonstrate comprehension and proficiency on Oracle Database technologies
- Design and deliver sound technical and functional solutions that are thoroughly tested
- Meet project deadlines on or before the expected completion date
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with business partners and departments
- Define and implement consistent standards across systems
- Build database products and services on Oracle within business and commercial guidelines
- Follow departmental standard processes for design, development, testing, and deployment of products
- Create detailed documentation for functional or technical design that can be understood and used by all project participants
- Manage issue resolution in coordination with internal teams or external vendors.
- Provide subject matter expert advise
- Perform technical tasks related to setup and implementation of databases in multiple environments (development, staging and production)
- Provide regular status updates to project participants and management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 8+ years experience performing database administration functions and supporting Oracle 9i,10g, and 11g RAC in a 24×7 production environment
- Advanced skills and proven experience with Oracle 10g/11g RAC
- Strong Database and RAC implementations experience and troubleshooting skills in mission critical environment
- Setting up and maintaining DataGuard on 10g/11g with MAA
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Database tuning
- Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures
- Strong knowledge of SQL/SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, and stored procedures
- Strong Knowledge of Database Backup and recovery using RMAN and logical backups
- Understanding of OEM Grid Control for 10g/11g
- Strong knowledge of Unix shell or Perl scripting languages
- Strong have strong interpersonal and communication skills and customer-support focused attitude
- Works well in a team environment
- Must be flexible and have the ability to perform multiple tasks
If these opportunities are of interest please send a Word copy of your resume to: Arshia@People-Com.net