Financial Reporting Accountant
This client is located downtown and is looking for multiple Financial Reporting Accountants. If you have any SEC reporting experience and or audit/financial reporting experience, they would like to speak with you. You have an opportunity to learn a new required reporting tool . This position pays 50-60k
Flexible schedules are required. Seeking evening and overnight hours.
As a XBRL Project Manager, you will work with stakeholders, both internal and external, to deliver SEC compliant XBRL files to clients in a timely fashion. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing workflow, communications and timelines for assigned clients on multiple, concurrent projects while also participating on decision making processes. Being proactive, able to multitask and work well under pressure are key skills. You must be able to understand client prepared financial statements and align them with XBRL concepts.
- Provide consultation with clients on XBRL process, technology and use of the systems that guide the XBRL process on the more complex financial reporting projects.
- Review XBRL document for accuracy, consistency and completeness of data tagging. Manage workflow, communications and timelines for assigned clients on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Create a customized taxonomy document using a client's recent filing with the SEC as well as the US GAAP Taxonomy.
- Consult with clients to determine and confirm which financial statements map directly to the US GAAP Taxonomy and which financial statements require customized extension elements to create the final XBRL document. Structure the XBRL taxonomy accordingly.
- Ensure on time delivery of final approved XBRL financial statements for customer.
- Participate in customer meetings to present and explain XBRL information.
- Apply knowledge of current SEC requirements for evolving XBRL compliance requirements and address client questions related to their specific compliance requirements.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Must have solid understanding of and be able to interpret Financial Statements and understand GAAP accounting standards.
- Solid understanding of SEC reporting requirements.
- Full understanding of XBRL taxonomy and XBRL rules.
- Must be fully proficient with Windows and the Office suite of products.
- Experience with text editors such as Notepad ++, MS C# to edit HTML and XML.
- Knowledge of project management tools & techniques.
- Exceptional customer service focus.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- CPA/CFA a Plus.