Position Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Assistant TreasurerThis is an excellent opportunity for a highly disciplined, well-organized individual with a keen eye for detail for the position of Senior Accountant, whose duties include financial reporting, general ledger reconciliation and accounting department support.
- Prepare and provide accurate and timely internal and external financial reporting
- Internal control documentation
- GAAP reporting and research
- SOX compliance, process design and implementation
- Audit support
- Assist in semi-annual budget preparation and reporting
- Periodic closes
- GL and bank account reconciliations
- Ad hoc financial reporting
- Potential travel involved (less than 10%)
- Other duties as assigned
Candidate must be a CPA and must have public sector experience. A bachelor’s degree in Accountancy is preferred, as is no less than five years of experience as an accountant with a CPA firm or in construction industry. SEC experience is preferred. The successful candidate must be experienced in general ledger and cost accounting, and working knowledge of GAAP. Discipline, organization and a liking for a fast-paced environment – with skills for timely, error-free performance against aggressive deadlines – are all key requirements. Excellent communication skills (written and oral) are also needed, as is adeptness with Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate possesses all of the foregoing plus SAP experience.