Front Office Support (closed)
The Prime Services F&O and OTC Clearing, and Broker Dealer businesses provide market-leading
products and services to our clients. Our businesses are dynamic market leaders in the design, delivery,
provision and support of electronic trading technology solutions and services for clients.
The Electronic Trading Services (‘ETS’) Desk and Operate Level 2 support perform a front office function,
report locally to the Head of North American Operate, and are locally accountable to regional Trading
Solutions Managers. ETS provide trade monitoring, order supervision and limit monitoring to our client
base. Operate has a global ‘follow the sun’ support model, with coverage in London, New York, Chicago
and Singapore, with additional services in Mumbai and Bangalore
The position is to provide Level 2 functional and technical support at a senior level to the ETS Desk as
well as provide support to our electronic trading clients. The Operate team manages the escalation
process with business, risk teams and technology teams (3rd level, developers and vendors). We offer 24-
hour telephone based support to clients who have electronic trading issues and/or functional questions
relating to our suite of client-facing trading and routing products. Furthermore, the team proactively
monitors our extensive trading infrastructure and alerts affected clients of outages.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be self motivated,
respond well to pressure, have a strong focus on the quality of service provided to internal and external
clients, and maintain a drive to improve existing processes, procedures and applications.
Product and market expertise
- · Act as a partner to the ETS team by demonstrating a deep understanding of our existing (and future)products, services, systems, flows, support structure and technology relating to electronic execution for clients.
- · Partner with Solutions and eTrading for ‘deep’ functional issues that require further investigation.
- · Assist in the pilot/deployment and support of new product offerings and work with other F&O teams to ensure a smooth rollout process.
- · Knowledge of exchange rules and regulations relating to (electronic) execution a plus
- · Appreciation of competitor offerings, industry issues, vendor products, market developments,regulatory structure and technology innovations that affect this area.
Incident alert management with ETS/Desk/Clients/Other technology teams
- · Manage alerts with clients that relate to technology problems with our electronic trading infrastructure that are raised by Level 1 ETS & other Level 2 Operate Technicians (e.g. price feed delays, problems order routing processes, exchange/vendor connectivity, infrastructure outages).
- · Communicate to the affected internal stakeholders.
- · Deal with incidents quickly, accurately and effectively, whilst protecting the anonymity of our clients.
- · If needed, raise issues with the technology teams (3rd Level, developers and/or vendors) and follow up until complete resolution
Electronic Trading and Market Data Support
- · Responsible for providing electronic trading support across our MORCOM eXtraTrade suite of products (e.g. MORCOM eXtraTrade, , MORCOM SpreadTrader, EMSX, TradeBook, Neovest, MORCOM Metals, Trading Technologies, ULTrader, ComboTrader, High Performance Solutions,Direct Market Access, FIX solutions, Futures Algorithms), exchange provided systems (e.g. EUREX MISS, CME EOS) and 3rd party EMS/OMS providers.
- · Deal with electronic trading investigations, market data queries, post execution file delivery support.
- · Provide monitoring and alerting for Exchange, infrastructure and system delivery issues.
- · Execute work orders and requests for client onboarding, upgrades, configuration/version maintenance and deployments.
- · Provide functional support for in-depth internal Desk queries.
- · Ensure that client queries are dealt with in a timely and effective manner. Ensure that technical support hotline calls are managed appropriately and that the ‘follow the sun’ model is enforced. Ensure that End Of Day outstanding issues are correctly handed over to the subsequent supporting region
- · Where applicable, raise and track issues with the external technology support teams (Network, Systems).
- · Provide mentoring and leadership to all members of the L2 Support Team.
Algorithmic and DMA trading/connectivity Support
- · Provide pro-active process/system monitoring for our Desks, Direct Market Access (‘DMA’) and
Algorithmic trading products.
- · Monitor data and trade volumes
- · Where applicable, escalate issues to management and track support tickets.
Skills and Experience
- · Highly motivated, self-starter, flexible problem solver, ability to close off issues whilst under pressure.
- · Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- · Strong time management and organization skills.
- · 5+ years support desk experience, having dealt directly with electronic trading users
- · Senior level soft skills, either in a Team Lead or Senior/Advanced position
- · Client relationship management experience.
- · Ability to manage high volume client calls in a time-sensitive manner and prioritize accordingly.
- · Ability to interact with business, risk and other technology teams.
- · Previous experience with market data systems, and Exchange liaison/interaction at a support level.
- · Excellent working knowledge, both functional and technical, of a variety of vendor and industry products
o Trading Platforms (eg Sungard/GL Trade/TT/Bloomberg/PATS)
o Order Management Systems and their functionality
- · Server System knowledge a definite advantage, specifically Linux
- · Understanding of technical connectivity – ssh/sftp/telnet – and basic networking.
- · Good futures and options product knowledge, preferably with multi-asset class experience.
- · Algorithmic trading understanding.