Corporate Paralegal for Global Company (closed)
Our client has an immediate need for a Manager of Corporate Legal and Compliance to provide support for a broad range of corporate, litigation, compliance and legal operational matters. The successful candidate will possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team, clearly and effectively communicate with stakeholders of various levels, meet critical deadlines, respond quickly and positively to shifting priorities, demands and opportunities and be willing to learn new technology.
- Provide discovery-related support to attorneys in litigation and compliance-related matters, including by tracking, organizing and coordinating electronic and hard copy document preservation and collection efforts
- Provide support for U.S. and certain international subsidiary matters by preparing documents to form, merge or dissolve legal entities; maintaining foreign qualifications and good standing; maintaining stock certificates; preparing resolutions and consents; assisting with reporting requirements; and maintaining global corporate entity database
- Assist in the preparation for and closing of various corporate transactions, including organizing and coordinating due diligence and closing materials, drafting routine closing documents and collecting signatures
- Assist with projects in support of implementation and maintenance of Global Records and Information Management compliance program
- Serve as point-person for department's e-billing software, including by coordinating amongst stakeholders, acting as liaison to vendor, gaining sufficient knowledge of software, tracking data and supporting self-service system model
- Work on special projects as may be assigned in support of overall Legal team
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in legal department of a multi-national corporation
- Strong transactional and/or litigation support skills and experience
- Paralegal certification a plus
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Word and Excel, and ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Experience with entity management or legal hold software a plus
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent judgment and ability to work independently, reach out for assistance when needed, manage various tasks and simultaneously balance competing priorities to meet tight deadlines, and respond quickly and positively to shifting priorities, demands and opportunities
- Team player with ability to collaborate with individuals throughout the organization and outside professional advisors in a business-like manner and in a results-oriented environment
- Ownership of professional development by seeking out feedback and learning new skills
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment
- Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
- Experience and understanding of working in a complex global environment, including sensitivity to cultures and practices outside the U.S.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.