Project Manager - Business Intelligence
Role: BI Project Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
Travel: 0% to up to 25%
The Project Manger’s role is to oversee multiple simultaneous strategic / non-strategic projects. This will include writing project plans, tracking project status, issue and risk logs, project meetings and oversight of assigned projects. The Project Manager will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help guide their projects to maximize the benefit of business investments in BI initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee entire project life cycle from initial concept through production release and post close completion for IT initiatives
• Participate in scope and requirements meetings with business customers, and take the lead in defining and communicating final decisions to all parties
• Create and manage project plans, identify necessary resources, and execute project management tasks throughout the life of a project
• Continuously re-evaluate project status, identify issues and risks, and provide recommendations for resolution and escalate when necessary
• Maintain steady communication with development and/or analytical staff, business customers and management on all projects
• Provide project status to stakeholders
• Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing
• Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of project management best practices
• Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
• Extended time in meetings on-site or via phone with internal and external customers
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Skills and Experience Desired:
• 5-10 years direct experience in overseeing IT projects and following project methodologies
• Business Intelligence: Has managed one or more full life cycle BI projects. Can contribute in crafting BI solutions (e.g. BI Roadmaps). Has some familiarity with data architecture and components (EDW, ETL, Reporting, etc.).
• Strong knowledge of project management best practices and methodologies.
• Proven business analysis and problem-solving abilities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Keen attention to detail.