Lead Platform Developer - Content Collection Team (closed)
Genscape, a DMGT company, is a leading global provider of energy information for commodity and financial markets.
Utilizing patented technologies and proprietary algorithms, Genscape provides accurate & timely data on capacities, flow and utilization for all major energy commodities. The product offerings include real-time information services for power, natural gas and oil in North America and Europe as well as fundamentals-based market intelligence services which market participants rely upon to better understand drivers, risks and dynamics of regional power and gas markets.
Genscape is committed to enhancing the market activities of our clients through access to superior fundamental data and market intelligence.
Additional information about our Company can be found at www.genscape.com
Our team of almost 160 employees at Genscape is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate for providing excellent products and customer service. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. We have offices in Amsterdam, Boston, Boulder, New York and Louisville, Kentucky.
The Lead Platform Developer will be responsible for the design, implementation, and enhancement of our automated content collection platform. The individual will work with internal stakeholders to evolve the platform by identifying potential functionality to solve customer needs. Experience in building highly available, concurrent, and distributed systems will be essential to succeed in this role. The ideal candidate should also understand automated content processing, how to orchestrate modular workflows, and system integration strategies in general.
- Design, architect, and develop automated content processing platform.
- Work with internal business groups to identify and implement shared data solutions.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to meet customer needs.
- Work with team members to establish and maintain design and operational standards.
- Monitor technology trends and make recommendations as they apply to the strategic business objectives
- At least 5 years solid software engineering in Java, with an emphasis toward the systems side.
- Development expertise in the following areas:
- Event-driven architecture
- Distributed design
- High availability
- Process automation and integration
- System design and architecture, with good skill in flexible design and scalability.
- High-volume, low-latency data processing.
- Strong understanding of database driven applications, including data modeling.
- Java messaging systems (e.g. TIBCO EMS).
- Comfortable with Unix, command-line usage, and shell scripting knowledge.
- Familiarity with Perl or another dynamic language geared toward data processing.
- Experience with or at least a keen interest in Big Data, e.g. Hadoop, non-relational data storage, etc.
- Service-orientation architectures
- Demonstrated interest in, knowledge of, and enthusiasm for Open Source technologies.
- 4 year Bachelors degree in computer science or similar field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a multi-tier Application Developer / Architect.
- Demonstrate a strong initiative to achieve in a highly competitive environment.
7+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of the energy industry and time series data