HR Project Manager (closed)
HR Project Manager
This position assumes responsibility for all aspects of the projects assigned and works directly with track leads to learn all aspects of the assigned project or sub-project. The HR Project Manager is involved in planning with track lead; involves stakeholders in the planning process to arrive at business requirements to prepare and finalize the overall project plan. The role will act as a communication link for stakeholders; gather, organize, evaluate and distribute information; facilitate meetings; oversee virtual team activities and verify assignments critical to the project. This position will monitor timelines; exercise independent judgment; act with a sense of urgency in respond to customer issues; work as liaison between functions and departments; and perform other tasks as assigned. The project Manager is expected to achieve results under general direction from Sponsor and BPO working independently and cooperatively with diverse groups of people. As required, the Manager may also play a track-lead role.
Core job responsibilities include leading project management activities and driving results oriented performance improvement initiatives using the proven project methodologies and metrics based goals and objectives.
- Identifies the constraints and assumptions and reviews charter elements against standards to determine appropriate approach.
- Monitors project goals, objectives, and performance. Measures the success of the project with metrics.
- Takes preventative or corrective actions as required to lead the team in completing the deliverables within scope and on target.
- Facilitates execution of plans and prepares project reports.
- Ensures design of process documentation, business process procedures, functional specifications and educational materials.
- Focuses on work that adds value. Routinely explore alternative solutions and process improvements through lessons learned, providing recommendations and implementation.
- Assists virtual teams in development of action plans, specific goals, objectives and outcomes and identify target dates.
- Support HR Projects with direction on User acceptance testing and establishing changes to operational processes.
- Participates in the testing of released functionality in compliance with internal control procedures and quality standards.
- Engineer “future state” processes using quality and continuous process improvement tools
- Overcomes obstacles to drive initiatives and actions to closure, ensuring consideration with business and Operations directives.
- Share perspectives and lessons learned as a way of enhancing the work of others. May serve as a resource for those with less experience.
- Provides guidance for business community in collecting, organizing and validating data.
- Partners with business and technical resources to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Seeks feedback, advice and clarification of processes from stakeholders to ensure quality of work.
- Through team communications, ensure adoption of best practices working to achieve maximum efficiency
- Communicates with director, stakeholders and conduct/facilitate regular status meetings/reports
- Keeps Sponsor informed so there are no unexpected issues.
- Realizes a sense of urgency around business imperatives and convince others of that urgency.
- Allow sufficient opportunity for others to express themselves, listening and showing consideration for their viewpoints.
- Works cooperatively with a diverse group of cultures, skills and with individuals at all levels of the corporation.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Management Information Systems, Technology, or Business.
- 3 or more years of experience as a project manager; PMP Certification Required.
- Formal Lean or Six Sigma training.
- PMO Experience preferred.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, MS Project, Visio, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with all levels of Associate throughout the company.
- Proven ability to develop and apply technical solutions to business processes.
- The ability to organize and conduct cross functional meetings, and where necessary – presentation of materials to a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment, fast paced & flexible.
- Ability to analyze data and incorporate into effective solutions
- Working knowledge of HR practices.
- Proven ability to set work priorities and make decisions.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.