Operations Technician – Sulphur Handling Facility - Bahrain (closed)
Operations Technician – Sulphur Handling Facility – Bahrain
Experienced Operations Technician – Sulphur Handling Facility required for the most prestigious Oil and Gas industry in Bahrain.
As Operations Technician – Sulphur Handling Facility, duties will include:
The job holder shall operate and monitor equipment and processes both indoors and outdoors related to solid sulphur pastille production and truck loading in a sulphur handling facility and undertake maintenance and lubrication of mechanical and static equipment in accordance with established procedures and instructions.
- The position requires practical and analytical skills, physical effort, systematic and pragmatic determination together with experience and awareness to ensure the safe operation and maintenance of the facility within design and operating limitations.
- Is responsible to check that all external process variables, temperatures, flows, pressures,
- Vibrations and other parameters are in normal operating range.
- Responsible for maintaining sulphur pastille product quality by correct sampling and testing.
- Ensures operational availability of standby equipment and ascertains availability as well as serviceability of all emergency and fire protection equipment.
- Assists others within the facility during emergencies to minimize facility downtime.
- Exercises a high degree of care and skill in operating and maintaining all assets in the facility to prevent any damage to plant and equipment.
- Expected to remain in the position during the following shift if not relieved at the end of normal shift
- Expected to work outdoors 75% of time in adverse conditions with some work in confined space and at high elevations. The remainder of the work is indoors at desk / PLC / HMI.
- Maintains and is responsible for good housekeeping of the facility.
- In the event of a fire immediately call 5555, report occurrence of all dangerous and abnormal situations to the Supervisor and immediately takes the first steps towards safely containing the situation and, applies expertise and judgement appropriate to the severity of the situation in reducing the risk of escalation of a serious threat to the integrity of the facility.
Trains other trainees assigned to the Job Holders’ shift as advised by the Supervisor.
As a Operations Technician – Sulphur Handling Facility you must have:
- Diploma (Mechanical Eng) or equivalent.
- Minimum four years experience in operation and maintenance of sulphur handling facility producing solid sulphur pastilles for bulk shipment at silo truck loading bays.
- Practical knowledge of principles, practices, processes and procedures associated with safe operation, maintenance, emergencies, shutdown and start-up of sulphur handling facilities.
- Able to investigate and troubleshoot problems related to plant and equipment.
- Able to understand technical drawings, P&IDs, technical literature and instructions in English.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with PLC/HMI related to sulphur handling facility.
- Must be safety conscious and contribute towards safety enhancement.
- Should have 4 – 10 yrs experience
- Should have Solid Sulphur Pastille Production and Truck Loading facility.
The package of Operations Technician – Sulphur Handling Facility up to Basic BD 650 + BD 950 per month depending on age and experience + Benefits.
To apply for this role send your CV to m2r today. Applicants must be able to demonstrate experience in line with the above requirements.
Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org