Professional Services Sales Executive (closed)
Lucas Group is partnering with an established software firm that develops accounting systems for the utility and energy industries.
Based in Atlanta, GA, this 17 year-old software / professional services firm serves some of the world’s most complex asset-intensive companies, entrusting them to manage over $2.3 trillion in assets. The majority of their clients are Fortune 500 companies in the following industries: utility, telecommunications, transportation, and exploration and production. They continue to seek talented, creative individuals who are looking for dynamic, challenging and rewarding career opportunities.
We are seeking a Professional Services Sales Executive (SSE) to sell their professional services and related products to companies in the Utilities, Oil and Gas, Mining, Rail, and Telecommunications industries.
As a Professional Services Sales Executive, you will collaborate with other business units, account managers, and project teams to identify new direct sale accounts and expand existing relationships. You will be responsible for contacting qualified opportunities, generating initial interest and closing sales.
Key responsibilities of the Professional Services Sales Executive include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Actively engage with prospective clients and stakeholders to develop relationships
- Develop and maintain trusted advisor relationship with prospects and customer key decision makers
- Marshal company resources as needed to assist in identifying, scoping, and closing sales
- Developing, reviewing and executing an individual sales plan with sales management, and executing acceptable sales strategies to sell professional services to various accounts either standalone or as part of a software license deal
- Manage existing accounts to expand current sales levels, understand customer needs, and work with Sales and Marketing department, account and project managers, and other members of project teams to ensure that client expectations are met
- Accurate and timely completion of opportunity status, sales pipelines, reports, forecasts, customer proposals and any other assigned administrative duties in the appropriate standardized process flow
- Participate in all aspects of the client relationship, such as prospecting, customer retention, deal management, contract/SOW negotiation, invoicing, collections, and overall client satisfaction
- Deliver compelling presentations for software solutions and services offered
- Use of CRM tool Salesforce.com to manage sales opportunities
- Create complete, accurate, detailed sales activity reports as requested, including forecasts and budgets
- Participate in partner and industry networking events to promote services and software opportunities
- Collect and assess engagement scope, deliverables, assumptions, and other key risk factors in order to accurately estimate and propose professional services deals. Ultimately lead to a well defined and structured Statement of Work for signature and deal closure.
- Variable compensation will be based primarily on an annual quota of Professional Services bookings for deals in which they have had direct involvement.
To be considered, candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of prior sales (or related) experience, with a demonstrated history of meeting or exceeding sales or other individual goals. Prior experience in a consulting or professional services environment is required, with a background in an enterprise software company with exposure to utilities, oil and gas, mining, railroad, or telecommunications clients strongly preferred. Candidates should have a strong technical ability with an understanding of enterprise level software applications/solutions, including ERP, EAM, etc. (e.g., SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft).
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to find and qualify targeted opportunities, engage key stakeholders, and close business successfully.
The Professional Services Sales Executive should have demonstrable experience leading and effectively collaborating with a team. Candidates should exercise tact and diplomacy in written and verbal communications across all levels of internal personnel, external clients, and vendors. The ability to engage clients and project teams is crucial. Candidates must have the ability to understand, defend, and negotiate contract terms and conditions. Excellent conflict management, organizational, and time management skills, and proficiency in MS Office Suite are mandatory. The ability to deliver compelling sales presentations, often with little preparation time, is required. Prior history with CRM systems, particularly Salesforce.com, is strongly preferred.
We are open to nationwide candidates with a preference for the Atlanta, Northeast, Midwest (Chicago, specifically), or Texas areas. Candidates should be prepared to travel at least 50% of the time
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org