Unix Engineer (closed)
The Linux System Admin will be responsible for the end to end health of applcation servers, including hardware, Operating System, Application Tier, and Custom Software running on the server. The ideal candidate has shown progressive growth of skills and an appetite for learning new technologies.
This job involves the full range of activities necessary to deliver services on an end-to-end basis, from working with vendors and stakeholders, deploying new systems and software, performing day-to-day systems administration and operations activities, and building or integrating KPIs, monitoring, and metrics.
- Function as a key member of the team responsible for the day-to-day, 24x7x365 on-call engineering, system administration, and operation team
- Create automation tools in Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Create dynamic KPI dashboards to support business needs
- Create and support tooling to support a national launch of new products
- Perform Linux operating system installation, upgrades, patching, tuning, capacity management, and troubleshooting.
- Perform application software installation, upgrades, and troubleshooting, such as Oracle, Weblogic, Apache, etc.
- Participate in planning, testing and execution of system and application level upgrades.
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution activities with other support teams (e.g. network support, NOC, vendors). Produce Root Cause Analysis findings that focus on recommendations to learn from and avoid problem recurrence.
- Maintain productive relationships with peer organizations and vendors.
- Participation in an on-call rotation for after-hours coverage as needed.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administration
A unix scripting language such as Perl, Python, or Ruby.