Director, Corporate Development (closed)
Purpose of Role:
Responsible for leading strategic activities and projects identified within Corporate Development group with the intent to drive profitable strategic growth for Veracode. Work with internal stakeholders and external partners to evaluate and perform due diligence on various company strategic initiatives, strategic alliances, joint ventures and partnerships and potential acquisitions. Provide project management oversight on complex projects including tracking implementation and monitoring effectiveness. Be accountable for leading strategic projects from ideation through incubation and eventual launch and rollout within the organization.
· Devise, explore and incubate specific strategic alliances and partnerships with a view to creating indirect revenue channels for Veracode
· Work cross-functionally to set expectations, gain buy-in and manage stakeholder relationships successfully
· Maintain a thorough understanding of Veracode’s business priorities, strategic direction, and customer requirements to align projects with overall company goals
· Understand impact of emerging business and technological trends, competitive environment and their implications for Veracode and its customers.
· Perform detailed market analysis and financial plans including marketing sizing, revenue modeling. Create projections that include multiple scenarios and provide what if functionality.
· Track and monitor project work plans, including objectives, tasks and time frames to ensure deliverables are completed on time. Respond to changing project circumstances and communicates issues to affected parties within the organization. Take a flexible, team player approach, willing to pitch in whenever and wherever needed.
· Bachelors Degree preferably in Business or related discipline required.
· MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
· Work experience 8+ years.
· Security industry knowledge preferred but not required
· High travel requirements (50%)
· Project management and facilitation skills, excellent analytical skills required
· Experience in both the analysis and launch of successful new businesses as well as B2B sales models required
· Corporate development, Business development or Product Management backgrounds strongly preferred