Technical Project Manager (Infrastructure) (closed)
Experience Level: Combination of education and work experience typically equivalent to a Bachelor's degree and 7-10 years technical project management experience.
-- Directs and monitors all activities for large, high risk, major technology-based projects from initiation to delivery.
-- Projects cross platforms, applications, and/or business lines.
-- Works with business partners to develop technology concepts, requirements, design alternatives, project schedules, and costs for new systems initiatives.
-- Plans and directs complex program schedules and budget, monitoring project status in comparison to cost/time projections.
-- Provides consistent and comprehensive status reports, project updates, and ongoing cost analyses, significant issue management and resolution, communication with business lines and technology management, often at senior management levels.
-- May act as an internal consultant within technology and business groups to re-engineer technical processes for greater efficiency.
-- May serve as a lead by providing direction to less experienced technical project management staff while serving in a project leadership role.
Minimum of five years experiencing with the following:
1. Managing project installations with the following technologies: Teradata, Extract Translate Load (ETL), WebLogic, Documentum, Bharosa, Actimize, SunOne, UNIX, Oracle, F5 Loadbalancer and Sun Hardware.
2. Implementing infrastructure and release projects in a high availability environment meaning no system downtime during implementations.
3. Extensive experience with reviewing, ordering, and building hardware for new technologies.
4. Defining non-functional requirements 5. Demonstrated experience utilizing Microsoft Project and full knowledge/experience using Microsoft office suite.
6. Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
7. Strong team player.
8. Must be available for 24X7 support and participation on evenings and weekends.
9. B/S or equivalent.
10. Candidate must be local to the Bay Area.
Platform and Skill Set Expertise:
Documentation Tools : Visio, Microsoft Productivity Software : MS Project, Microsoft Productivity Software : MS Office, Technical Writing Skills : Technical Writing, Analysis Skills : Business Analysis