Director of Financial Systems (closed)
Director of Financial Systems
Department: Information Systems
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Reporting To: Sr. Director of Corporate Systems
Pay Rate: $150k
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide functional and technical expertise and application leadership on projects and initiatives involving the JD Edwards financial system and its integration with other internal and external systems.
- Provide global support and service for the existing JD Edwards financial system implementation (GL, AP, FA) to the internal business community. This includes serving as the company’s knowledge leader and point of contact for all financial systems.
- Recommend and lead the design, development, implementation, and support efforts of new initiatives, enhancements, new functionality, or integrations with and within the JD Edwards financial system (AR, Project Costing, Workflow, and Procurement).
- Provide hands on management for the implementation of the Hyperion suite of products.
- Manage the interaction with all business partners to gather requirements, set expectations and provide support to business processes.
- Lead in setting and overseeing training strategies and execution.
- Prepare and oversee test plans, test scripts, user acceptance testing and signoffs.
- Work closely with business leads in analyzing business processes, conduct detail investigations and recommend best practices options for improvement – systemic or process driven.
- Close collaboration with senior management in defining strategy and roadmap to align with global business initiatives and goals. Ensuring that budgets and resources are in place to support execution of set strategies.
- Recruit, train, coach, develop, and lead high performing team providing a world class end user support.
- Ensure teams have appropriate support to meet goals and ensure that project risks are identified, mitigated and communicated to stakeholders.
- Ensure that all corporate and IT governance policies are adhered to.
- 10+ years’ financial systems implementation, support and services experience. At least 5 years hands on experience supporting the JD Edwards and Hyperion financial systems.
- 4 years BA/BS degree is required. A MA/MBA degree is a plus.
- A demonstrable history of influencing others through consensus building in a cross functional / matrix environment.
- Design and development of business process best practices related to all financial systems.
- Support and execute large system selection efforts (from requirements, RFP/RFI, POC and scoring phases).
- A strong and consistent history of leading people and projects to a successful, high impact outcome.
- Experienced in providing a support metrics to the business identifying i.e. key process steps, reports, issue resolution, project updates, prioritization mitigation, ROI analysis.
- Experienced in ability to work with other teams/departments to deliver projects and manage expectations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing a professional team in delivering global business support.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure, multi tasks and with time sensitive constraints.
- Excellent analytical, design, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong written skills, with the ability to convey clear and concise thoughts and ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with user community.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Excellent project management and team leadership skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.