Audit Senior Associate - Professional Services Firm(Job Number: 022718)
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 30,000 people serving clients in more than 100 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition…to be the firm that makes a difference, every day.
We work with clients to improve their overall financial reporting processes. Ultimately, we see our audit as more than just numbers and compliance. Our goal is to help our clients better understand their business. We consider it our job to keep our clients informed all year long of accounting, financial and regulatory developments that may impact their business.
AUDIT SENIOR ASSOCIATE – AUDITOR AT PROFESSIONAL SERVICES FIRM – B.S. IN ACCOUNTING AND CPA REQUIRED
Would you like to join a team of trusted business advisors passionate about providing their clients with superior audits and exceptional service? Grant Thornton’s core business is auditing financial statements and we understand that to deliver a truly quality audit, the underlying activities and operations that give rise to the accounting entries, need to be reviewed and understood. We provide insightful and sound operational advice, recommend process improvement strategies, and offer suggestions to manage risk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing financial audits and managing to budget.
Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
Work with audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
Research and analyze financial statements and audit- and tax-related issues utilizing electronic databases, and employ audit software to review and compile financial information.
Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services.
Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls.
Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
Participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. 150 semester hours of education preferred and a CPA or eligibility to sit is highly desirable.
- Two to four+ years of progressive public accounting experience with in-charge auditing and financial services industry experience desirable.
- Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles.For a complete list of benefits please visit www.gt.com.
The people in the independent firms of Grant Thornton International Ltd provide personalized attention and the highest quality service to public and private clients in more than 100 countries. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the six global audit, tax and advisory organizations. Grant Thornton International Ltd and its member firms are not a worldwide partnership, as each member firm is a separate and distinct legal entity.
2431 East 61st Street Suite 500