Senior Manager, Internal Communications (closed)
We are working on a search for our Downtown Boston, MA client, a premier global professional services firm, for a newly-created role of Senior Internal Communications Manager. This person will report directly to the head of marketing and work hand-in-hand with the director of media relations. This person will have direct and regular contact with the chief executive officer. The senior manager will play a pivotal role in raising awareness of the firm and its brand to internal and external audiences through a wide range of communication vehicles.
Responsibilities will include
- Developing and executing a communications plan that reinforces and supports the firm?s strategic priorities and promotes its many strengths
- Reporting on all internal news as well as big picture strategy and vision using a variety of channels, including verbal, written, video or social media
- Serving as speechwriter for internal (and some external) presentations
- Ensuring coordination of internal and external, traditional and social media communications
This is a highly visible role and a strategically important hire for the firm. We are looking for a polished and experience internal/employee/executive communicator who can quickly establish a connection with the CEO and figure out how to write in his voice.
Is this you?
- Have 10+ years of internal/employee/executive communications experience?
- Developed communications for a CEO or head of a division of a major company ? with 2,000+ employees?
- Written for an executive of a company where employees are located across multiple sites? Across many time zones? For a culturally diverse workforce that is dispersed globally?
- Proactive? Able to think several steps ahead and anticipate what needs to be done?
- Able to preserve confidentiality of sensitive information?
- Quick on your feet? Decisive? Confident?
- Maximize interactions with hard-to-reach executives?
- Build connections with people at all levels of the organization, in all offices/divisions, to keep a pulse on what employees are saying, thinking and/or feeling?
- Write in a clear, compelling and persuasive manner?
- Ensure your work is error-free?
- Stay current on the latest technologies and ways of engaging key constituents?
- Willing to go the extra mile? Occasionally make revisions after hours or take a call in the evening?
- Move quickly? Love a fast-paced environment?
- Intellectually curious? Enthused by challenges? See them as puzzles to be solved?
- Take ownership of your work?
- Love to collaborate but thrive without micromanagement?
- Hold a Bachelor?s degree in corporate communications, journalism, public relations, or related field?
- Based in the metro Boston area?