Health & Safety Leader (Atlanta/Houston) (closed)
ERM is seeking a dynamic Health & Safety Leader for the Southern Division to join our growing consulting firm in either Atlanta, GA or Houston, TX. In this leadership role, you will be advising ERM Division Managers responsible for ensuring health and safety (H&S) compliance with applicable regulations, existing company standards and client-specific requirements, and developing an environment where employee health and safety is preserved. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team committed to a strong health & safety culture, and to make a significant impact in successfully implementing ERM's global strategy.
- Lead integration of the ERM behavior-based safety program (OFP) in the Southern Division through collaboration with the Americas H&S Director, and the ERM Core Safety Team.
- Proactively drive the H&S program in a forward direction and be an agent of change when required.
- Represent health and safety matters as a member of the Division Management Team to ensure alignment and integration of global H&S tools and programs.
- Lead an efficient and effective Divisional H&S Council (including H&S personnel and partners) to ensure that H&S issues are properly managed.
- Collaborate with the ERM Core Safety Team to develop, implement, and sustain system initiatives.
- Ensure alignment of Divisional H&S programs and initiatives with the ERM Global H&S program.
- Lead on-site and remote incident investigations and root cause analysis for incidents and selected near-miss incidents.
- Serve as focal point for development of Safety Alerts.
- Sustain a personal utilization of approximately 20% by providing technical assistance and health and safety advice on projects.
- Perform internal audits and help implement follow-up corrective and preventive actions.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with all levels of ERM employee to accomplish goals.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in engineering, safety, environmental science, or related discipline.
- CSP or CIH preferred, or motivation to obtain.
- 10-15 years of H&S experience in consulting and industrial environment, with oil and gas sector experience highly preferred.
- Past experience in H&S management, including tangible experience designing, implementing, and managing H&S programs.
- Superior interpersonal and influencing skills, to include ability to work with various groups of stakeholders to ensure adoption of and consistency with ERM systems.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
To apply, please click on the following link:http://tbe.taleo.net/NA9/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ERMGINC&cws=1&rid=5667
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM is the world's leading provider of environmental, health and safety, risk and social consulting services. We have over 140 offices in 40 countries and employ around 4,000 professionals, providing the best global platform in the industry. For more than 30 years, we have been delivering innovative solutions to leading business and government clients, to help them manage environmental risks and challenges within their organizations. In doing so, we have become one of the world’s largest and most successful environmental consulting firms offering a range of compliance assurance, impact assessment planning, site investigation and remediation, and corporate advisory services.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.