VoIP Engineer (VB 26097) (closed)
• In depth understanding of Call Manager (v8), UCCX (v8), Unity and Presence technologies from Cisco (5 years)
• Knowledge of Change Management procedures
• Advanced knowledge of Cisco VoIP platforms (5 years)
• Advanced knowledge in Cisco products such as VoIP Servers , Routers, Switches (5 years)
• Advanced knowledge of Active Directory
• Advanced knowledge of Windows Networking.
• Advanced Project management skills.
• Documentation and testing experience (maintain Dial Plans).
• Familiarity with multi-platform environments (Windows, Linux).
• Working knowledge of network technology/topologies
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
• 5 + years of overall relevant IT experience in networking, troubleshooting, systems support, VoIP; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• The following certifications are desired: CCNA, CCNA Voice and CCNA Wireless
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to rapidly absorb and implement new technologies and procedures.
• Flexibility to serve as backup to the Desktop support group
Required Skills & Experience
•Generally requires a bachelor degree in a related discipline or 5+ years equivalent industry experience
•Requires strong verbal and written communications skills as well as exceptional customer service skills
•Must have demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills and hands-on experience with Cisco routers and switches
•Requires an advanced understanding of VoIP technology and underlying protocols.
•Requires an advanced understanding of the OSI model, including TCP/IP, client/server designs, routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), LAN technologies (FDDI, Ethernet), WAN technologies (Internet, POS, ATM, ISDN, private lines), VLANs, IP telephony, TDM switching, and circuit testing
•Must have knowledge of telecommunications transmission facilities, switch translations, and customer premise equipment
Requires the ability to thrive in a demanding, fast paced 24x7x365 operations support environment, which requires the ability to work any shift, plus overtime, weekends, or holidays as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
•Telecom industry certifications such as CCNA Voice and CCNP Voice are preferred. Experience with Cisco/Juniper routers is also desired
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with job title and number
Contract length 560 hours