Sr. Windows Administrator (closed)
PCN’s highly trained and experienced professionals bring industry expertise to our clients’ for achieving the best possible solution. PCN Strategies professionals will help you make the right decisions from the start in order to reduce risk and accelerate time to project completion.
Make the most of your career in IT and maximize your exposure within the local marketplace and contact a member of our Talent Acquisition team today!
Our Client is an award-winning technology company focused on hardware, software, and technology services for the Federal Government.
Our Client assists customers with the design, procurement, distribution, installation and support of their most complex needs and have a successful past working in large mission-critical environments.
Our Client is currently servicing the needs of a large Multi-Billion$$$ organization and is in immediate need of a Sr. Windows Administrator.
- Primarily responsible for routine backup and restoration from tape using EMC Networker
- Assist Tape Librarian with regular rotation of tapes
- Ensure backups are 100% in compliance with applicable record retentions laws
- Windows 2008 Server (O&M) experience
- Solaris 10 experience
- EMC Legato Networker 7.5.x or 7.6.x
- Performing Networker 7.5.x/7.6.x restores on Windows 2008 Server backup clients
- Performing Networker User for Microsoft Applications restores from Exchange 2010
- Performing Networker Module for Exchange 5.1 restores from Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2000
- Quest Recovery Manager for Exchange
- Rebuilding backup indexes on Solaris 10 EMC Legato Networker backup servers
- Monitor system health and performance utilizing tools such as Microsoft SCCM, SCOM, SolarWinds, EM7, and HP OpenView
- Report and incident tickets in HP Service Center
- Provide primary Tier 2 support for escalated incident tickets related to Windows Systems
- Execute routine patching and maintenance of Windows Systems
- Provide recommendations for the improvement of Standard Operating Procedures
Support the Ops Shift Team with tasks such as:
- Regular updates for critical incidents in accordance to SOP
- Facilitation of the critical incident Technical Bridge
- Routine checks of Facility and Environmental Systems
- Complete routine checks of Desktop systems in Data Center
- Effectively multitask between multiple critical incidents
- Attention to detail and sense of urgency in execution of tasks
- Effective communication and customer relationship skills
- Experience with DFS (distributed file system) would be a plus
- Experience in the administration of Citrix XenApp and/or VMware vShpere
- Experience in the administration Microsoft ILM
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Microsoft Certification
- Familiarity with UNIX
- EMC SAN and Backup experience
REQUIRED Skills & Certifications:
- Windows 2008 Server, EMC Legato Networker 7.5 or above, Solaris 10
- License/Certification/Permit: Microsoft Certification, ITIL v3, SECRET Clearance
PCN Strategies began in 2003 with the idea to offer government agencies and private companies the important tools to maximize their professional capabilities. In 2007, PCN Strategies expanded its corporate portfolio into other business areas including the healthcare, financial and commercial sectors. In 2009, PCN Strategies successfully won bids for government technology contracts in the aeronautical and vehicular markets.