Internal Auditor in Plymouth, MICH!!!! (closed)
2-5 yrs of public accounting experience as an internal auditor.
Experience auditing all operations of the company, (HR, IT, Finance etc.)
Responsible for planning and conducting audits of internal controls covering a broad range of the
Company’s operations to determine if functional areas are conducting operations in accordance with
established guidelines, policies, procedures, and governmental and legal requirements. Performs
financial and accounting auditing duties of a highly developed nature requiring advanced
professional knowledge and experience in auditing principles and practices. Works with moderate
guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Examines records, documents, methods, policies, costs, and other factors to determine if functional
areas are conducting operations in accordance with established guidelines, policies, procedures,
and governmental and legal requirements.
- Works with broad discretion regarding work details on assignments of a varied and difficult nature.
- Prepares clear and well-organized audit work papers that appropriately document the work
performed. Writes clear meaningful audit comments, investigation summaries, and
- Applies appropriate audit procedures to the areas reviewed to ensure that key controls are tested
and all significant risks are addressed.
- Formulates appropriate conclusions regarding the adequacy of internal controls and procedures
based on the work performed and knowledge of other operations in the Company.
- Makes recommendations regarding corrective action and reviews audit findings with Managers.
-Verifies adherence to company guidelines, policies, procedures and governmental and legal
-Assists higher level Auditors in a variety of audit functions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable
schedule(s) as necessary.