EPPM Program Director (closed)
Leads and oversees activities of the EPPM program to ensure program strategic goals and objectives are accomplished within approved time frames, scope and budget.
Project Planning & Execution
• Heads the overall program management of EPPM program. Champions strong program governance through the creation of a program decision framework; mentors project managers in its development and continuous improvement.
• Manages 200+ stakeholder relationships, ensuring that the organization’s needs are prioritized and managed appropriately
• Manages program scope using appropriate fact-based assumptions & prioritization.
• Provides governance & oversight of all projects and management documents.
• Identifies and manages overall program costs and budgets.
• Oversees creation of project plans and manages performance against plans.
• Integrates project plans at program level creating estimating models as required, refines plan and manages performance against plan.
• Facilitates schedule and cost forecasting and mentors program managers in determining risk based provisions.
• Creates metrics and manages with a higher level of information i.e. at the trends and management indicator level; differentiates between project and program metrics.
• Thinks creatively about opportunities to align program goals to enterprise strategic goals.
• Seeks out industry experience and organization knowledge to understand alternative approaches / solutions.
• Facilitates joint planning with the partners in the early stages of project formation.
• Identifies and manages overall program costs, timelines and resources.
• Manages financial impacts and forecasts at the program level.
• Anticipates and quantifies tactical, operational and strategic risks applying risk-based approach to forecasting.
• Resolves complex issues and conflicts and escalates to the sponsor representative where required.
• Resolves ambiguity.
• Promotes innovative or improved methods to get the work done and implements best practices.
• Oversees projects closure activities.
• Strategically manages vendor to ensure that requirements are met and the product is delivered on time on budget
• Develops and puts in place the team to manage the ‘product’ when it comes in house
Relationships & Communication
• Provides superior partner experience and strengthens strong relationships with business partners.
• Collaborates with colleagues across the organization to get things done.
• Manages program update communications including executive status reports.
• Provides senior management with timely updates on strategic program issues.
• Develops & maintains strong relationships with 3rd party vendors.
• Sets direction and vision for the team.
• Builds project management capability within the program.
• Manages performance, reward and recognition.
• Coaches and mentors Project Managers and holds them accountable.
• Establishes succession plan for key positions, including own.
• Selects and builds high performing diverse team that leverages individual capabilities and strengths.
• Promotes a mindset for sustained success, growth and diversity.
• Spearheads and guides people through changes.
• Develops self.
HOW TIME WILL BE ALLOCATED (percent):
60% Program Planning and management activities
20% Relationships & Communications
AUTHORITIES, IMPACT, RISK
EPPM is an enterprise wide program with significant organizational change management.
Expected expenditure > $13MM.
There are high business risks associated with EPPM.
This role requires the individual to direct multi-disciplined project teams and integrate through managing multiple teams.
KEY ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS
• Direct Report to Head of Solutions Delivery Transformation
• 10 to 20 direct reports
• 50 – 100+ of indirect reports
• Multiple Business owners/ Project Managers / SMEs
• Organization wide Executive Steering Committee
• Technology Executive, & Technology Leads
Job Requirements: (Knowledge/ Experience):
POSITION REQUIREMENTS/ SPECIFICATIONS
Behavioural Competencies (for superior performance)
• Breakthrough Thinking (4)
• Business Acumen (6)
• Customer Insight (4)
• Dealing with Ambiguity (6)
• Strategic Influencing (6)
• Teamwork and Cooperation (7)
• Change Leadership (6)
• Developing Others (6)
Experience (to enter position)
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Expert knowledge of the program & project management.
• Successfully and simultaneously managed multiple Type 3 projects with emphasis on some of the following:
o Transformational Business Impact
o Strategic/Industry Implications
o Uncertain Business Requirements
o Cross-enterprise / cross-discipline / multiple teams
• PMP Designation
• Undergraduate Degree
• Graduate degree preferred (MBA, MSc)
• Project Plan development & management
• Work breakdown structure, task based plans
• Assumption & risk based plans
• Base-lining & scheduling
• Scheduling methodology (CPM, GERT, PERT)
• Waterfall and iterative methodologies
• Project metrics creation, gathering, reporting, and analysis
• Project metrics trend analysis & education
• Program Plan and metrics
• Program Governance
• Risk Assessment & quantification methodologies
• Issues escalation and resolution
• Facilitation Skills
• Scope change management
• Cost/Benefit Analysis & alternatives identification
• Budgeting, project costs management
• Quality Controls
• Communication management & plans
• Knowledge of relevant technology
• Knowledge of IT Standards, Methodologies, CMM and audit requirements
• General knowledge of factors affecting business
• BU Specific Strategies & Critical Success Factors
• Trends in the industry
People Management Knowledge
• HR philosophy, principles, direction, policies & guidelines
• Talent Management process (recruitment/selection, performance management, performance development/coaching, reward/recognition
• Workforce Planning
• Job Design
• Organization Design
Required Skills/ Competencies/ Attributes: